+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permits for Dependents: Can I Apply Upon Arrival in Canada as My Wife Starts Her Fellowship?

MariOTh

Sep 5, 2022
My wife got accepted for a job in Canada as a foreign worker, working as a followship doctor. Now we are in the process of applying for our visas. My understanding so far is that my wife will get a work visa, and my children and I will get visitor visas as her dependents (which will be tied to her work visa).

My question is: when we get there, will I be able to apply for a work permit upon arrival in Canada?

Keep in mind the new changes in the country regarding work permits for foreigners.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My wife got accepted for a job in Canada as a foreign worker, working as a followship doctor. Now we are in the process of applying for our visas. My understanding so far is that my wife will get a work visa, and my children and I will get visitor visas as her dependents (which will be tied to her work visa).

My question is: when we get there, will I be able to apply for a work permit upon arrival in Canada?

Keep in mind the new changes in the country regarding work permits for foreigners.
Did you previously claim asylum?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Are you from a visa exempt country? Only those from visa exempt countries can apply at the POE.