+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit with Conditions

shosilie

Aug 27, 2008
My spouse has just been given an "open" work permit, however there are some restrictions on where she can actually work (such as daycare, schools, agric field services) however, a medical examination request form was sent with the work permit which must be done within 2 mths. My spouse came to Canada on tourist visa without medical examination

My question: Will CIC local office issue another Open Work Permit without any restrictions once the medical result is okay or how do I remove the restrictions?

Please advise.

Shosilie

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

shosilie said:
My spouse has just been given an "open" work permit, however there are some restrictions on where she can actually work (such as daycare, schools, agric field services) however, a medical examination request form was sent with the work permit which must be done within 2 mths. My spouse came to Canada on tourist visa without medical examination

My question: Will CIC local office issue another Open Work Permit without any restrictions once the medical result is okay or how do I remove the restrictions?

Please advise.

Shosilie
Once she has the medical, then she requests an amendment of her WP through Vegreville with proof of the medical

PMM

shosilie

Aug 27, 2008
Thanks as usual for your usual help.

But, what proof can we show vegreville since we wont have access to the medical examination results?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

shosilie said:
Thanks as usual for your usual help.

But, what proof can we show vegreville since we wont have access to the medical examination results?
You get the IMM 1017 receipt from the DMP.

PMM