+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit + LMIA for Canadian Experience class

punith962

Sep 3, 2021
Hi Folks,

I'm more than an year experienced in NOC A with Open work permit. Now my current employer is ready to give an offer letter supported by LMIA.

How do I fill (Intended work in canada) section while creating express entry profile?

Do you have a job offer in canada?
Yes (I assume yes because I get an offer letter supported by LMIA)

Was a positive Labour Market Information Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?
Yes

Is .. currently working in Canada?
Yes

Does .. have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada?
Yes

Does the job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?
No (because it does not stated it there).

Has ..... been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)
(In this case what do I select)

Four digit NOC code of current work permit
There is no option for selecting "NO"

Was a positive Labour Market Information Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?
No

Please help me here
Thanks in advance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Folks,

I'm more than an year experienced in NOC A with Open work permit. Now my current employer is ready to give an offer letter supported by LMIA.

How do I fill (Intended work in canada) section while creating express entry profile?

Do you have a job offer in canada?
Yes (I assume yes because I get an offer letter supported by LMIA)

Was a positive Labour Market Information Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?
Yes

Is .. currently working in Canada?
Yes

Does .. have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada?
Yes

No (because it does not stated it there).

Has ..... been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)

Was a positive Labour Market Information Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?
No

Please help me here
Thanks in advance
So your employer has completed and filled out the paper work for a LMIA, paid $1k, and got an approved LMIA. The process takes months as the employer has to prove no Canadian or PR can do the job.

punith962

Sep 3, 2021
So your employer has completed and filled out the paper work for a LMIA, paid $1k, and got an approved LMIA. The process takes months as the employer has to prove no Canadian or PR can do the job.
Yes, It was initiated long back and is expected to happen soon

punith962

Sep 3, 2021
If you get an approved LMIA, you can answer yes.
Thanks, but what to answer for these

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks, but what to answer for these

1. You select how long you been working with the employer? If a year, put a year.
2. What is the NOC?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have NOC for LMIA. But the actual question is not for LMIA right. It is for Current work permit
Strange… you can’t leave it blank. Plus you don’t have a LMIA yet so can’t fill out the EE application as yes. If you want a valid profile, you set it up without a LMIA and job offer.

punith962

Sep 3, 2021
Strange… you can’t leave it blank. Plus you don’t have a LMIA yet so can’t fill out the EE application as yes. If you want a valid profile, you set it up without a LMIA and job offer.
Yes, For now it is fine. I'm totally confused what to do when I receive an LMIA

tonyvu505

Jul 26, 2024
Hi @punith962, hope you have solved your situation. I am in the same situation now, I have my LMIA positive assessment approval. What should i answer for these questions:

I have been working 1 year with the employer

Will refer to the link you pasted here

For Work permits without NOC this link helps
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1012&top=29