+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit for spouse

guri-randhawa

Apr 14, 2019
Hi guys,

I need to apply for my husband open work permit but he got refused already for 4 time for Canada(first time her sister applied from Canada for him and got rejected, next time I applied his visitor visa for 2 times when I was a student,fourth time I was sick then he applied a visa on that basis and he got refused).Now, I gonna apply again but my lawyer said there is no guarantee that he will get approved this time.So I need some advice from you that he will get accepted for open work permit or not I already got Ainp though.

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
I am on work permit visa now,not a student anymore.hoping for answers
Thanks
Do you currently have a job under NOC A, B or O and 3 paystubs? If yes, you can go ahead to apply for your SOWP. Just prepare supporting documents really carefully and reasonably.

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
But what are the chances that he won’t get refusal if I have required documentation?
No one can confirm his chance of getting either approval or refusal. It all depends on your documents and also the officer. But technically, he is eligible for the SOWP. So the best thing you can do to ensure he will get approval is to prepare your supporting documents wisely. A reasonable explanation letter is a suggestion.