+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit for spouse, should I apply along with student permit or not ?

luckyBoy

Star Member
May 3, 2014
Friends,

Please help me with above question. Planning to apply student visa for my wife, should I apply for Open work permit along with her application or should I first apply TRV with her applicaiton, then latest apply OWP aftr reaching there ?

bonhomie08

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 (L9 - R8.5 - S7.5 - W7)
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-12-2014
RSR123 said:
ONLY TRV APPLICATION IS SUFFICIENT R WE NEED TO APPLY WITH OWP OR VISIT VISA
If you need OWP, then you need to apply for the work permit as well as TRV for yourself. Your spouse will apply for application for study permit plus TRV plus family information questionnaire.

bonhomie08

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 (L9 - R8.5 - S7.5 - W7)
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-12-2014
RSR123 said:
ONLY TRV APPLICATION IS SUFFICIENT R WE NEED TO APPLY WITH OWP OR VISIT VISA
You can find all the forms you need here:

cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/work.asp

Please rate my post 'Good' if it has helped you. Thanks!

RSR123

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
reena143 said:
Better to apply together
HI,
I along with my wife applied for study permit and OWP respectively and my wife got approval and after a week I got rejected. My wife is on Study permit at Canada. Now I want to apply a Visit visa along with my minor child who is aged about 2.5 years. What are all the forms should I fill up for minor girl. I am a practicing advocate in india and I don't have much documents to show my employment. Request senior members of the forum to advice me accordingly. How could I make a strong documentation. Really my child is missing mother's care. Thing of calling her back to India if visa rejects again.

Reasons for my rejection might be my profession.

Rejected for: Travel History, tie in Canada and home country, insufficient funds and purpose of visit

Thank u.