+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit FEE REFUSAL

Mwoosey

Feb 7, 2021
Hi my common law just had her open permit/bridging permit (as we are awaiting PR decision) refused due to the fact we have not paid the open work permit fee, even though we have proof.

Has anybody else had this issue? Im wondering if there is a issue with their website or something because we have paid both fees amounting to $255.

My brothers common law is also having this problem but theirs never got refused. Their online portal is letting them upload a receipt of payment.

This is really frustrating and we have no one to turn to as the waiting times on the phone is a nightmare.

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Hi my common law just had her open permit/bridging permit (as we are awaiting PR decision) refused due to the fact we have not paid the open work permit fee, even though we have proof.

Has anybody else had this issue? Im wondering if there is a issue with their website or something because we have paid both fees amounting to $255.

My brothers common law is also having this problem but theirs never got refused. Their online portal is letting them upload a receipt of payment.

This is really frustrating and we have no one to turn to as the waiting times on the phone is a nightmare.
Did you check the your account, was it flagged somewhere that the fee is pending? If you had the receipt, you could have uploaded it via the web form, if it showed up as pending.

Mwoosey

Feb 7, 2021
Nope no flags. The money came out my bank, and didn't go back in. Also it doesn't let you submit the application without paying both fees. So I don't know how they've managed to do this.

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Nope no flags. The money came out my bank, and didn't go back in. Also it doesn't let you submit the application without paying both fees. So I don't know how they've managed to do this.
Does a "Confirmation of Online Application Transmission" appear in the messages section? It appears as a message with a clickable receipt number on it through which you can download a PDF receipt. If you have that that is your proof. Its like "Your payment receipt number is # X123456789"