+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit Extenstion

sulagna123

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Hi,

My spouse has an Open Work Permit (post-graduate work permit that is expiring on Dec,5, 2020) and I have extended my Open Work Permit based on his PGWP. We have already applied for PR and our application is in the background check stage. There is a huge delay in processing due to Covid 19. Both of our work permit is expiring on Dec, 5,2020. I know my spouse can apply for a bridging visa since he is the primary applicant for PR. I was wondering how can I apply for my open work permit extension? Please help.

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
Apply together. Assuming your spouse is already working for and will continue to work for his current employer, and that it is skilled work include 3 current pay slips for your spouse's employment.

sulagna123

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
So when you say apply together do we mean we have to apply separately under each of our accounts but at the same time?

sulagna123

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Oh No, I did not mean that.

So when you say to us ' Apply together' do you mean my spouse will apply under his account and I will apply under my account at the same time?

sulagna123

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
I meant to ask how do we apply together?Is there a place where we can apply together or do you mean we apply through our individual cic account at the same time?

sulagna123

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Hi @thevisawhisperer -Can you please confirm is there a place where we can apply together or do you mean we apply through our individual cic account at the same time?. I am kinda confused on that part. Your help will be appreciated

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
As I said, I don't apply via myCiC, but I would submit the applications together. If that's not possible due to systemic constraints, I have no answer for you. It doesn't make sense that family applications that depend on each other for their validity can't be applied for as a package, so to speak.

sulagna123

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
I am not asking you to apply via your CIC as mentioned above. You can apply two applications as a package when you are sending a paper application however you can't as a family application when you are applying online. It has to be separate. All I wanted is some information on that!