+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit extension while applying for visitor record

vinod1991

Jul 23, 2024
Canada
Category........
WP
Hi,
I have a question, my wife is on a closed work permit and i had my open work permit.
Our permits were expiring and hence her company applied for her work permit extension and my visitor record.
After receiving acknowledgement(13th June), I applied for my work permit extension(19th July) and now i am on implied status since i applied before my work permit expiry (26th July).
My question -
1. Till when can I continue working?
2. If i my visitor record gets approved and but work permit extension is in progress can i still work on implied status?
Any answer/help would be really appreciated.

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Hi,
I have a question, my wife is on a closed work permit and i had my open work permit.
Our permits were expiring and hence her company applied for her work permit extension and my visitor record.
After receiving acknowledgement(13th June), I applied for my work permit extension(19th July) and now i am on implied status since i applied before my work permit expiry (26th July).
My question -
1. Till when can I continue working?
2. If i my visitor record gets approved and but work permit extension is in progress can i still work on implied status?
Any answer/help would be really appreciated.
Why would you apply for a visitor record if you are applying for a work permit extension?

You remain on maintained status until a decision is made on your work permit application and are allowed to work. The status change is immediate on approval and supersedes any previous statuses, so if you become a visitor, you have to stop working immediately.

Reactions: vinod1991

vinod1991

Jul 23, 2024
Canada
Category........
WP
Why would you apply for a visitor record if you are applying for a work permit extension?

You remain on maintained status until a decision is made on your work permit application and are allowed to work. The status change is immediate on approval and supersedes any previous statuses, so if you become a visitor, you have to stop working immediately.
Thank you so much for answering this.
One last question, if i get decision for my work permit extension first and then visitor record, what will be considered?