+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit Extension for Spouse

chinmay.ja94

Oct 22, 2023
Hi,
My wife is on an open work permit, and she is currently not working anywhere. Recently I applied for my PGWP as an individual candidate. Now I'm applying for my wife's open work permit extension as I just received my 3 payslips. In the form imm5710e (for my wife) was a question: "I am applying for one or more of the following: 1) Apply for a work permit with the same employer 2) Apply for a work permit for the first time or a new employer 3) Restore my status as a worker 4) Get a new temporary resident permit".

What should I choose as my wife is currently not with any employer? Should it be to "Restore my status as a worker"? Also, it doesn't allow me to choose only "Restore my status as a worker". If I choose that I need to also choose another option with that.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Hi,
My wife is on an open work permit, and she is currently not working anywhere. Recently I applied for my PGWP as an individual candidate. Now I'm applying for my wife's open work permit extension as I just received my 3 payslips. In the form imm5710e (for my wife) was a question: "I am applying for one or more of the following: 1) Apply for a work permit with the same employer 2) Apply for a work permit for the first time or a new employer 3) Restore my status as a worker 4) Get a new temporary resident permit".

What should I choose as my wife is currently not with any employer? Should it be to "Restore my status as a worker"? Also, it doesn't allow me to choose only "Restore my status as a worker". If I choose that I need to also choose another option with that.
4) Get a new temporary resident permit

Reactions: BA101