+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit... Apply from inside Canada or outside Canada?

AA000000

Sep 9, 2014
Hi,
By the grace of God, my wife has got a study permit for 2 years and I have received a Visitor visa(V1) along with her for 5 years.
I have understood that I can apply for an Open Work Permit.
My question is, do I have to apply after I enter Canada? Or I can apply from my home country even before I enter Canada?
Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

AA000000 said:
Hi,
By the grace of God, my wife has got a study permit for 2 years and I have received a Visitor visa(V1) along with her for 5 years.
My question is, do I have to apply after I enter Canada? Or I can apply from my home country even before I enter Canada?
Thanks.
Much easier to apply within Canada.

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
Hi AA000000,

Congra to you!

It is great if you can share more detail about your case how your wife get study permit and you get visitor visa so that we can learn from your experience

Where are you come from?
You and your wife apply visa in the same time or your wife apply study permit first, then you apply visitor visa?
Do you have Kids? if yes, Kids along with you when you are going to Canada.
What is your strong ties in home country what you think that visa officer issue visa to both of you based on this?
What is your wife IELTS?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

AA000000 said:
Hi,
Thanks.

dUNE

Feb 15, 2014
hi AA000 & sonata,
Its so great to know other status with there application.Just like mine, We have just granted visitor visa with my wife and daugther,my question is If my wife wanted to apply for a student permit, Is it possible to apply when we already in canada or We will apply again for student visa in our home country?please help..Thanks

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
Hi Dune,

As my understanding, we can not apply study permit within Canada as I asked a few senior expert in this forum.

As per new rule 1 Jun 2014, a few still hope can apply but no one have experience apply study permit within Canada but you can try and let us know your experience.

Pls also take note as I saw a few person was rejected study permit after having visitor visa.

dUNE said:
hi AA000 & sonata,
Its so great to know other status with there application.Just like mine, We have just granted visitor visa with my wife and daugther,my question is If my wife wanted to apply for a student permit, Is it possible to apply when we already in canada or We will apply again for student visa in our home country?please help..Thanks