+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OOPNP proof of funds

blackbeast

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
hey guys,

i am planning to show the complete proof of funds as a fixed deposit for OOPNP. Is it ok? what other documents are required to be shown apart from the Fixed deposit statement issued by the bank?

I am asking this question because i see many people talking about 6 month average in their bank accounts shown along with POF. In case of a fixed deposit, can you guys think the FD statement issued by the bank is just enough or we need to show something else?

thanks!!

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
blackbeast said:
hey guys,

i am planning to show the complete proof of funds as a fixed deposit for OOPNP. Is it ok? what other documents are required to be shown apart from the Fixed deposit statement issued by the bank?

I am asking this question because i see many people talking about 6 month average in their bank accounts shown along with POF. In case of a fixed deposit, can you guys think the FD statement issued by the bank is just enough or we need to show something else?

thanks!!
OINP requires at least 6 months of bank statements. If you can't provide this, explain that it's an FD. They also prefer a bank certification letter showing the latest balance meeting the LICO.

blackbeast

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
thanks for replying!! i am planning to take the proof of funds as a gift from my parents which i would convert into a fixed deposit. so, should i include the bank statement from which the money is originated?

also, can i have the POF on my wife's name?

thanks!!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Guys!

I have a few queries and would really appreciate if someone could answer it. Thanks for your time!

1) I have the required funds as a Fixed Deposit. I assume I DO NOT have to submit my 6 months bank statements. Is this correct?

2) Does the FD need to be 6 months old (Mine is 2 months old currently and will be 3 months old when I submit my application to Ontario).

3) I am planning to submit the FD advise provided by the bank ALONG with a bank certificate that shows the savings account opening date, the date when the FD was opened, how much money is present in the FD and all related details! Is this sufficient?

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Guys!

I have a few queries and would really appreciate if someone could answer it. Thanks for your time!

1) I have the required funds as a Fixed Deposit. I assume I DO NOT have to submit my 6 months bank statements. Is this correct?
Its fine if you don't submit the bank statements provided the entire fund requirement is met through FDs.

2) Does the FD need to be 6 months old (Mine is 2 months old currently and will be 3 months old when I submit my application to Ontario).
Ideally they should be. But the best solution is to get a bank letter certifying that the 'FDs are in your name since XXXX date and the amount available for withdrawal is XXXX.' Nicely articulate the language of your letter..

3) I am planning to submit the FD advise provided by the bank ALONG with a bank certificate that shows the savings account opening date, the date when the FD was opened, how much money is present in the FD and all related details! Is this sufficient?
Also produce another letter from the bank certifying the amount under savings account in the same format discussed earlier. If the FD's are created through the same savings account, that would be best.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
niravk said:
Also produce another letter from the bank certifying the amount under savings account in the same format discussed earlier. If the FD's are created through the same savings account, that would be best.
Thanks a ton! Yes, the amount was transferred from the savings account to which the FD is linked!

blackbeast

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
thanks for the info dude.. one question,

can i have the FD created on my wife's name? I am the primary applicant.

thanks,
Saran

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blackbeast said:
thanks for the info dude.. one question,

can i have the FD created on my wife's name? I am the primary applicant.

thanks,
Saran
Yes, but you will need a signed affidavit from your wife stating that she has no qualms about the money being used for settlement purposes in Canada.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Guys,

Quick question.

I have a savings account with enough funds to meet LICO. The average 6 months balance and final balance would both be above the required amount.

I move the funds from my salary account into the savings account monthly, so do i need to provide a statement from my salary account so that they can see where the money comes from and that it is not borrowed?

Or would the savings statement be enough

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One_Topsy said:
Guys,

Quick question.

I have a savings account with enough funds to meet LICO. The average 6 months balance and final balance would both be above the required amount.

I move the funds from my salary account into the savings account monthly, so do i need to provide a statement from my salary account so that they can see where the money comes from and that it is not borrowed?

Or would the savings statement be enough

Thanks
A bank letter for that savings account with all details required by CIC would suffice. Because the 6 month average and current balance are both more than required funds, there is no reason for CIC to be suspicious of any borrowed funds. You're good to go.

All the best!

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Asivad Anac said:
A bank letter for that savings account with all details required by CIC would suffice. Because the 6 month average and current balance are both more than required funds, there is no reason for CIC to be suspicious of any borrowed funds. You're good to go.

All the best!
Thanks Asivad