File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can't apply for CEC under OOPNP. These are two separate immigration programs. Are you applying for CEC or OOPNP?

savioceg

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2015
AOR Received.
21-11-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
Hi ,
As long as u r working in canada , the proof of funds is not mandatory . i did send this to Opportunities Ontario and they sent me a response as below .

"Individuals applying under Express Entry under the FSW category may be exempt from demonstrating the minimum level of savings if they have arranged employment and are working in Canada.

Individuals applying under Express Entry under the CEC category may be exempt from demonstrating the minimum level of savings if they are working in Canada and their income and/or savings meet the minimum level of income to support themselves and any dependent family members. "

Hope this answers your question .

To be safe , send a mail to them and get this response in a written format to support your application . I did call them first and they suggested me to send them an email so that we have written proof. I was surprised by the turn around time in their response. They sent me a response within 24 hours and there was no waiting on the phone either .

savioceg

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2015
AOR Received.
21-11-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
scylla : There is a section on the form( OOPNP ) which asks if you want to apply under FSW or CEC .
Its on the first page of the form.

magicjoni

Nov 24, 2014
Thanks savioceg.

Doesn't this contradict the first part though?

and their income and/or savings meet the minimum level of income to support themselves and any dependent family members

savioceg said:
Hi ,
As long as u r working in canada , the proof of funds is not mandatory . i did send this to Opportunities Ontario and they sent me a response as below .

"Individuals applying under Express Entry under the FSW category may be exempt from demonstrating the minimum level of savings if they have arranged employment and are working in Canada.

Individuals applying under Express Entry under the CEC category may be exempt from demonstrating the minimum level of savings if they are working in Canada and their income and/or savings meet the minimum level of income to support themselves and any dependent family members. "

Hope this answers your question .

To be safe , send a mail to them and get this response in a written format to support your application . I did call them first and they suggested me to send them an email so that we have written proof. I was surprised by the turn around time in their response. They sent me a response within 24 hours and there was no waiting on the phone either .

savioceg

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2015
AOR Received.
21-11-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
I did ask them and they told me the funds to support is for a whole year and if they have mentioned 12000 CAD for a single person . it is just o tget them settled till they find an income .

I told them i have been working in Ontario since 2013 and my wife is working now as well . Taxes paid here. and we have been able to support ourselves almost 2 years now and what more do they need to show them as Proof of Funds for settlement .

The officer who spoke to me understood the situation and he asked me to email the queries and get a written response .

OMNI

Jan 30, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have confirmed with the office in person and over the phone... POF is mandatory no matter what stream you are applying for.

you call them @ 416-327-0374

magicjoni said:
Thanks. Can you provide me with their email address?

savioceg

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2015
AOR Received.
21-11-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
Could someone tell me if i am understanding this wrong ?

"Individuals applying under Express Entry under the CEC category may be exempt from demonstrating the minimum level of savings if they are working in Canada and their income and/or savings meet the minimum level of income to support themselves and any dependent family members. "

I was under the assumption that if you are working legally in Canada and if you are earning enough to support yourself and your familymember .You are exempt from showing the minimum level of savings

Correct me if am wrong

magicjoni

Nov 24, 2014
If you look at the application guide,

3.4 SETTLEMENT FUNDS
You are required to demonstrate a minimum level of savings/income to support
yourself and your dependent family members. Your dependents include both the
family members in your household who are accompanying you to Ontario and those
who are not accompanying you.

For a definition of who is considered a dependent, please visit:

For documents to prove your current employment or arranged employment, see
Section 3.1.
It is odd that this is written out of the blue in the middle of the section meaning you can proof your "Settlement Funds" by having a current employment?

OOPNP must be satisfied that funds are unencumbered and readily transferable in a
convertible currency. You must be able to use this money to cover the costs of
living for you and your dependent family members whether or not they are
accompanying you to Ontario.

OMNI

Jan 30, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's perfectly right for Express Entry- CEC

Unfortunately... Ontario wants all the applicants to demonstrate POF for OOPNP....I know it doesn't make any sense but that's their criteria.

I would not risk applying for OOPNP without POF as the fee($1500) is not refundable

savioceg said:
Could someone tell me if i am understanding this wrong ?

"Individuals applying under Express Entry under the CEC category may be exempt from demonstrating the minimum level of savings if they are working in Canada and their income and/or savings meet the minimum level of income to support themselves and any dependent family members. "

I was under the assumption that if you are working legally in Canada and if you are earning enough to support yourself and your familymember .You are exempt from showing the minimum level of savings

Correct me if am wrong

savioceg

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2015
AOR Received.
21-11-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
r u guys aware of the CEC and FSW under OOPNP ?

OMNI

Jan 30, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes mate... I have applied OOPNP under CEC category.

I did spoke to Immigration office in person and confirmed that they do require Settlement Funds though you are applying through CEC category.

I am in Canada at this moment having a full-time Perm JOB....and I had to show Settlement Funds
you can always clarify with the office 416-327-0374 if you still have doubts

savioceg said:
r u guys aware of the CEC and FSW under OOPNP ?