Feb 5, 2015
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

Can someone please suggest me which one is better Ontario PNP or LMIA.

If my company is willing to extend my stay here with same position which is in NOC B, Do i need to post ad for Ontario PNP. Please someone help.

I am willing to know what is best alternative for me as my work permit is ending in May.

Any thoughts or help is really appreciated.

SnakePlissken

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
Feb-10-2018
AOR Received.
Mar-20-2018
Quoting from the Ontario PNP website:

"It is important to understand that Opportunities Ontario is employer-driven. This means that if you are seeking nomination, you can apply only if:

-Your prospective employer has first applied for pre-screening of a position. Investors need to have their investment endorsed.
-The position has been approved.
-Your prospective employer sends you the employer’s approval letter, Joint Verification form signed by your prospective employer, and Pre-screen Position form. You can then visit the Forms and Guides page of this website to complete and download the nominee application form."

Links:
ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPFORMS.html

In a nutshell, for Ontario PNP and LMIA, both needs to show that employers had put in efforts to recruit Canadians/PRs before recruiting a foreign worker. This is clearly mentioned in the pre-screening form which can be downloaded from the link above.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
My question is for the OPNP international students category. Though OPNP has not begun EE yet, if one plans to apply through it and get the OPNP certificate one has to apply for pre-screening and if one has to apply for OPNP general stream for the same category, still one has to apply for pre-screening for the certificate. My question is does the same pre-screening works for both categories. Secondly, is pre-screening easier than LMIA, and does it converts into closed work permit for OWP holders?

SnakePlissken

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
Feb-10-2018
AOR Received.
Mar-20-2018
Pre-screening ought to be done for both foreign workers and students (unless you are a Masters or a ph.D from an Ontario university) applying for OPNP. There is no evidence that between LMIA and OPNP pre-screening, one is easier than the other. Based on anecdotal experience (reading through other forums and reading people's comments, and a friend who had applied under OPNP and ended up getting rejected), both are equally tough.