+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario pnp application in process but work permit is expiring

Dec 9, 2023
My ontario pnp with job offer application (after i received Notice of interest email) is under process and my pgwp is expiring in feb.2024. Now I have very less time before my pgwp is expiring. If I go for visitor record I have to leave the job and my application will be rejected. Now how to maintain my status so that my application of ontario pnp is successfully approve. Please help urgently I will be very thankfully.

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
My ontario pnp with job offer application (after i received Notice of interest email) is under process and my pgwp is expiring in feb.2024. Now I have very less time before my pgwp is expiring. If I go for visitor record I have to leave the job and my application will be rejected. Now how to maintain my status so that my application of ontario pnp is successfully approve. Please help urgently I will be very thankfully.
The only option here is to ask your company to give you a closed work permit, otherwise you won't be eligible for immigration

Dec 9, 2023
Company can't give close work permit,company only can provide LMIA that also will take time for approval of company apply. They have already given be offer letter on basis of that letter and experience i got Notice of interest and then they filled companies detail on the form 0233e which we have used to apply for oinp nomination. Now application of oinp approval is under process. But my pgwp will expire in feb 2024.

vinesh3003

Jan 4, 2024
Company can't give close work permit,company only can provide LMIA that also will take time for approval of company apply. They have already given be offer letter on basis of that letter and experience i got Notice of interest and then they filled companies detail on the form 0233e which we have used to apply for oinp nomination. Now application of oinp approval is under process. But my pgwp will expire in feb 2024.
Hi, Have you applied for PGWP extension?

pkchu

Jan 4, 2022
any update

pkchu

Jan 4, 2022
But atleast with Open Work Permit Extension application, Maintained Status will be attained, and continue to work for few more months.
have you applied

is it like you can work for 3-4more months atleast or they will make a decision in a month or something like that

vinesh3003

Jan 4, 2024
have you applied

is it like you can work for 3-4more months atleast or they will make a decision in a month or something like that
Yes, I applied and was working since last 2 months. I just got a refusal and my OINP application is in DIP status. Not sure what to do now? Any guidance or suggestions?

pkchu

Jan 4, 2022
if you have valid visitor visa apply for visitor record so that u can come back from home. no visitor visa but having a visitor record allows you to stay in canada but cant come back to canada with just visitor record, if you leave canada. I think so. thats alll do now

ps9033

Mar 16, 2024
Yes, I applied and was working since last 2 months. I just got a refusal and my OINP application is in DIP status. Not sure what to do now? Any guidance or suggestions?
Hey, i have similar situation. My work permit expiring in june. I already got NOI. And will be submitting oinp in few days.
Whats the latest update? Is it possible to apply for wp extension based on notification of interest? Did u apply for visitors visa?

vinesh3003

Jan 4, 2024
Hey, i have similar situation. My work permit expiring in june. I already got NOI. And will be submitting oinp in few days.
Whats the latest update? Is it possible to apply for wp extension based on notification of interest? Did u apply for visitors visa?
I am not sure if you can apply for wp extension based on NOI. I guess only when you are approved in-principle for PR either through Federal or provincial program, only then you get WP extension support letter which helps you qualify for BOWP. Visitor visa stamping was done, but I still don't have updates for nomination, its still in DIP. not sure how long need to wait.

Sai96

Mar 22, 2024
Hi

I am currently in similar situation where my work permit is going to expire on May 6th, and I have applied for OINP, but the application is still in processing. Is it possible to apply for a work permit extension just to buy some time? or just stop working and restore my work status after applying for PR

Just to be on the safer side i already applied for visitor record to maintain my status.

any information would be greatly appreciated,

thanks