+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Only 3 months validity on a COPR!!???

MapleVivi

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hi there,

After a long wait since my AOR in March 2020, I finally received an email saying that my application is almost complete and I need to send some documents/photos to a visa center.

They said however, once my COPR is issued, I have only until mid May before it expires.

It's like only 3 months and I thought it was way too soon!

I started a new job last month and it is a 6 months contract. Since I had no idea when my application was going to get finalized, I needed to move on with my career and also moved to a new place.

Is this normal to have only 3 months validity on a COPR????

If you can share your experience and insight, I would really appreciated.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Hi there,

After a long wait since my AOR in March 2020, I finally received an email saying that my application is almost complete and I need to send some documents/photos to a visa center.

They said however, once my COPR is issued, I have only until mid May before it expires.

I started a new job last month and it is a 6 months contract. Since I had no idea when my application was going to get finalized, I needed to move on with my career and also moved to a new place.

COPR validity is until the medical expiry or passport expiry, whichever comes first.

MapleVivi

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
COPR validity is until the medical expiry or passport expiry, whichever comes first.
Thank you for your reply, but my medicals expired about a year ago.
So I asked them why I am not being asked to take medicals again, and then they only said I only have until mid May on my COPR....

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
So I asked them why I am not being asked to take medicals again, and then they only said I only have until mid May on my COPR....
Some applicants have received medical extension for certain period without taking re-medical. What does your profile show under medical status?

Hemmant Singh

Jan 8, 2022
Hi there,

See u have no other option I would recommend you to not waste time as u can't extend copr
Congratulations to you

Reactions: MapleVivi

MapleVivi

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Some applicants have received medical extension for certain period without taking re-medical. What does your profile show under medical status?
Thank you for your reply.
It says:

Latest update:
Review of medical results - May 1, 2020:You passed the medical exam.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Thank you for your reply.
It says:

Latest update:
Review of medical results - May 1, 2020:You passed the medical exam.
Ohh !! You passed on May 1, 2020 so your medical was valid till May 1, 2021. Hopefully you have received an extension for a year and it’s now valid till May 1, 2022 but not sure as it’s not reflected on your profile. Are you inland or outland applicant? Inlands get medical exemption for certain period now. If you are asked to send passport, photos & other papers then send those soon to avoid more delays. Medical validity would be stated in the COPR as well.

MapleVivi

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Ohh !! You passed on May 1, 2020 so your medical was valid till May 1, 2021. Hopefully you have received an extension for a year and it’s now valid till May 1, 2022 but not sure as it’s not reflected on your profile. Are you inland or outland applicant? Inlands get medical exemption for certain period now. If you are asked to send passport, photos & other papers then send those soon to avoid more delays. Medical validity would be stated in the COPR as well.
Thank again for your reply!

I am an outland applicant, and due to my nationality, I didn't have to send my passport. I just sent out copies of my passport and photos to a visa application center in my country today.

I also just asked the immigration office if the validity of my COPR, once issued, could be extended as I started a new job last month and I have a 6 months contract... I don't know if it was the right move, and have no idea if they'll even take such personal circumstances into consideration....

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Thank again for your reply!

I am an outland applicant, and due to my nationality, I didn't have to send my passport. I just sent out copies of my passport and photos to a visa application center in my country today.

I also just asked the immigration office if the validity of my COPR, once issued, could be extended as I started a new job last month and I have a 6 months contract... I don't know if it was the right move, and have no idea if they'll even take such personal circumstances into consideration....
Great !! Hopefully you will receive COPR in around 2 weeks’ time. COPR & medical validity period will be stated in COPR itself. Hopefully they won`t take your personal problem into consideration to extend date or issue new COPR so better to start planning your travel. Soft-landing can be done these days so you have that option as well.

MapleVivi

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Great !! Hopefully you will receive COPR in around 2 weeks’ time. COPR & medical validity period will be stated in COPR itself. Hopefully they won`t take your personal problem into consideration to extend date or issue new COPR so better to start planning your travel. Soft-landing can be done these days so you have that option as well.
Thanks so much!

Oh soft landing is allowed now? I didn't know.

I know I won't need to get fully vaccinated when entering Canada (for soft landing). But do I need to be fully vaccinated before I leave Canada after soft-landing?

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Thanks so much!

Oh soft landing is allowed now? I didn't know.

I know I won't need to get fully vaccinated when entering Canada (for soft landing). But do I need to be fully vaccinated before I leave Canada after soft-landing?
You can enter but you need to complete mandatory 14 days quarantine upon arrival. Unless you take a private plane , hopefully you won`t be able to board a flight back without vaccination. Rules are changing frequently so need to keep an eye on the official page before any travel.
Unvaccinated travellers entering Canada during COVID-19 - Canada.ca
COVID-19 vaccinated travellers entering Canada - Travel restrictions in Canada – Travel.gc.ca
COVID-19 Boarding flights and trains in Canada – Travel.gc.ca

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
sometimes they give a validity on the medicals by a few months only n issue a copr with a similar validity. Whats your AoR n VO?

you would be good to do a quick landing and plan the next process. It was meant to happen the way it did.

So please do not request for any kind of extension or exemption. There are way too many waiting for their PPR and the volume of applications is huge.

So congratulations and all the best.

MapleVivi

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
You can enter but you need to complete mandatory 14 days quarantine upon arrival. Unless you take a private plane , hopefully you won`t be able to board a flight back without vaccination. Rules are changing frequently so need to keep an eye on the official page before any travel.
Unvaccinated travellers entering Canada during COVID-19 - Canada.ca
COVID-19 vaccinated travellers entering Canada - Travel restrictions in Canada – Travel.gc.ca
COVID-19 Boarding flights and trains in Canada – Travel.gc.ca
Thank you for all the link. Just to avoid any misinterpretation, COPR holders do not have to be vaccinated to land in Canada as of Jan 16th, correct?

MapleVivi

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
sometimes they give a validity on the medicals by a few months only n issue a copr with a similar validity. Whats your AoR n VO?

you would be good to do a quick landing and plan the next process. It was meant to happen the way it did.

So please do not request for any kind of extension or exemption. There are way too many waiting for their PPR and the volume of applications is huge.

So congratulations and all the best.
Thank you so much for your reply!
My AOR was March 2020 (Express Entry, Outland).
What is VO?
I took my medicals in March, 2020 also.