+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online transit visa application

maher786

Jul 21, 2017
Hi All,

I have applied for Online Transit visa (TRV) for my mother on 20/07/2017.
My mother is travelling from Mumbai(India) to Bogota(Colombia) having 3 hours transit in Toronto(Canada) for changing plane.

I have few questions:
1) I have submitted the application successfully and it shows Submitted but I have not received any confirmation email. I have uploaded validate application form, Colombian Visa, Passport, Confirm Air Canada Ticket, Photo.
2) My mother has confirm ticket from Mumbai to Bogota on 15/08/2017, so I am worried will she get everything done in 20 days? or else I will lose money of ticket and its 1032 USD.

Please guide me...

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. You can check the status of her application processing in her MyCIC account. You have also applied one day ago, so it could take time for the status to get updated

2. Processing time could take just as long as a regular TRV processing (few weeks or even more) + another 7-10 days for visa stamping.

20 days is too less. You may want to consider rescheduling her flights to a later date or avoid transiting through Canada altogether

Reactions: maher786

maher786

Jul 21, 2017
1. You can check the status of her application processing in her MyCIC account. You have also applied one day ago, so it could take time for the status to get updated

2. Processing time could take just as long as a regular TRV processing (few weeks or even more) + another 7-10 days for visa stamping.

20 days is too less. You may want to consider rescheduling her flights to a later date or avoid transiting through Canada altogether
Thank you so much Bryana

maher786

Jul 21, 2017

Hi Bryanna,

I had Reply Today and its a refusal...

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After a careful review of your temporary resident visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. I am refusing your application. In making a decision on an application, a number of factors are considered. These may include but are not limited to: • the information in the travel and identity documents; • the reason for the travel to Canada; • the person’s contacts in Canada; • the person’s ties to his or her country of residence (including immigration status, employment and family ties); • the person’s ability to pay for the trip and to support himself or herself while in Canada; • whether the person is likely to respect the conditions of his or her admission to Canada; • whether the person is inadmissible to Canada; and • whether the person would be likely to leave Canada at the end of his/her authorized stay. To help you understand my decision, the reason(s) are provided on the following pages. You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee. Sincerely,

I do not understand why my mother had refusal for transiting canada only for 3 hours...
She is coming to Bogota, Colombia on my dependent visa, She had confirmed paid Ticket...
What is the problem???? She do not need to enter in to Canada at all....

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What evidence / information did you include with her transit visa application? Any evidence of proof of ties? Anything like that?

maher786

Jul 21, 2017
What evidence / information did you include with her transit visa application? Any evidence of proof of ties? Anything like that?
With online application they asked 4 documents only.
Validate Application Form, Passport, Destination Visa, Air Ticket, Photo...

God damn its a 3 hours transit for her... she is 62 and do not need to enter Canada at all....

This was the reason they showed:
Given economic conditions, employment prospects, considering your travel history, economic establishment and family ties, I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of your admission as a temporary resident in Canada.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
With online application they asked 4 documents only.
Validate Application Form, Passport, Destination Visa, Air Ticket, Photo...

God damn its a 3 hours transit for her... she is 62 and do not need to enter Canada at all....

This was the reason they showed:
Given economic conditions, employment prospects, considering your travel history, economic establishment and family ties, I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of your admission as a temporary resident in Canada.
Sorry to know your mom was refused for a Transit Visa. This normally does not happen.

A transit visa tends to be assessed on the same lines as a TRV. This means the applicant must prove s/he has funds for her/his onward journey + onward flight tickets + ties to return home to

Did she have a visa for Colombia? If yes, what type of visa?

Did she have return flight tickets to India from Colombia?

maher786

Jul 21, 2017
Sorry to know your mom was refused for a Transit Visa. This normally does not happen.

A transit visa tends to be assessed on the same lines as a TRV. This means the applicant must prove s/he has funds for her/his onward journey + onward flight tickets + ties to return home to

Did she have a visa for Colombia? If yes, what type of visa?

Did she have return flight tickets to India from Colombia?
Yes she has valid Colombian Visa for a year... She has my dependent/Beneficiary visa.
She has one way ticket as she is my dependent and no need return ticket...

When I fill online application they did not ask any financial details if so I could have provide my bank statement or hers...
It was a transit visa application and she has valid Colombian visa, fully paid air ticket and only needs to change flights in 3 hours time... she has wheelchair assistance already mentioned in tickets.... how can she be a risk for Canadian immigration case officer... I do not have any relative or friends in Canada she is pure my dependent coming to live with me...
I only did book this ticket as she is 62 and the option of air Canada was with only 1 change and less time as she is older and can not have 2 changes...
I do not understand why they treat transit visa as Visitor visa... My mother has not so ever intention to enter Canada....

Immigration case officer did not look into her case properly... how can she be interested into entering Canada while on wheel chair assistance upto Bogota, Colombia