+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online E-Cas: Very different and it can be sometimes full of wrong information

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

One of my friend sent me a screen shot for the E-cas status where her application status is In Process and she has just send the documents to CHC. Also it says that medical results have been received.

I think there is something terribly wrong with the online E-cas status.

Warning to people, kindly do not jump to conclusion after looking at the e-cas as it can be completely wrong sometimes and case less. I cannot share the screen shot but it doesn't make sense. It is pretty different from the status which I use to have.

Rocky

sm001

Dec 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can share the screen shot. It will help us to take a look at the new e-cas status.

You can remove the personal info though.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is the screen shot...the first screen shot says In process which I have not attached and the second one is for your reference.

Here is the link to download it

http://rapidshare(dot)com/files/445736927/Capture(dot)JPG

Replace the (dot) with .

Hope it helps

bonny

Nov 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 26, 2010
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2010
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
IELTS sent with other docs
File Transfer...
Los Angeles on November 8, 2011/started processing January 18, 2012
Med's Request
MR Received on Feb 07, 2012 (Dated Feb 02, 2012)
Med's Done....
Feb 10, 2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
March 02, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
May 01, 2012
What was your friend's e-cas prior to her receiving this strange looking status update? Also, which visa office is she from?

rocky272727 said:
Hi,

One of my friend sent me a screen shot for the E-cas status where her application status is In Process and she has just send the documents to CHC. Also it says that medical results have been received.

I think there is something terribly wrong with the online E-cas status.

Warning to people, kindly do not jump to conclusion after looking at the e-cas as it can be completely wrong sometimes and case less. I cannot share the screen shot but it doesn't make sense. It is pretty different from the status which I use to have.

Rocky

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bonny said:
What was your friend's e-cas prior to her receiving this strange looking status update? Also, which visa office is she from?
Prior to that she was not able to check her e-cas and her visa office is New Delhi

bonny

Nov 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 26, 2010
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2010
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
IELTS sent with other docs
File Transfer...
Los Angeles on November 8, 2011/started processing January 18, 2012
Med's Request
MR Received on Feb 07, 2012 (Dated Feb 02, 2012)
Med's Done....
Feb 10, 2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
March 02, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
May 01, 2012
I wonder if the status updates are done centrally or by the individual visa offices across the world. There could something wrong with their system--other people on this forum also reported some odd updates of their status.

rocky272727 said:
Prior to that she was not able to check her e-cas and her visa office is New Delhi

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bonny said:
I wonder if the status updates are done centrally or by the individual visa offices across the world. There could something wrong with their system--other people on this forum also reported some odd updates of their status.
They use the same software but the updates are manually made by the administration in each local visa office. It could be an error in their software as well as I have read it that they are updating their system from CAIPS to other case management system but its just my thought

sm001

Dec 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rocky272727 said:
They use the same software but the updates are manually made by the administration in each local visa office. It could be an error in their software as well as I have read it that they are updating their system from CAIPS to other case management system
Yes...true

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rocky272727 said:
They use the same software but the updates are manually made by the administration in each local visa office. It could be an error in their software as well as I have read it that they are updating their system from CAIPS to other case management system but its just my thought
Thanks Rocky for bring this recent concern into a reasonable explanation.... I can remember of reading out somewhere in this forum that CIC has been planning to upgrade the PC and software as many of CHC are running with outdated facilities (Not sure about the authenticity of this information though). But anyway we think this E cas updating system up gradation need due attention as this is the handy and accessible ways we can keep tracking of our application processing most of time and it used to be realistic........The very problem is advising, expressing and conveying our concern to CIC has not been made that easy.... So only we can hope and lets wish the system error and technical reason for those will be resolved out soon.....

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
The new system is GCMS (Global Case Management System). More info is available on the following link:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t60753.0.html

It has already been implemented at most of the missions including New Delhi. VO staff are still struggling with this new system which has teething problems like any other new software. The most difficult part being migration of info from CAIPS to GCMS. GCMS is supposed to be much more versatile.

Cheers...
--------------------
fariza said:
Thanks Rocky for bring this recent concern into a reasonable explanation.... I can remember of reading out somewhere in this forum that CIC has been planning to upgrade the PC and software as many of CHC are running with outdated facilities (Not sure about the authenticity of this information though). But anyway we think this E cas updating system up gradation need due attention as this is the handy and accessible ways we can keep tracking of our application processing most of time and it used to be realistic........The very problem is advising, expressing and conveying our concern to CIC has not been made that easy.... So only we can hope and lets wish the system error and technical reason for those will be resolved out soon.....

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks vermas for the update... Hope the new system and making full use of it gonna bring some detectable differences for us all....

Man In Black

Dec 21, 2010
Pak
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2010
Doc's Request.
11-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-05-2011
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Request
waiting
My ecase is also showing the same situation,in process,medical received but i did not get 2 AOR

Classical_beat

Champion Member
Oct 12, 2010
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope this error sort out soon........ I was about to right my CHC but I already wrote for the last week's update and they replied . now they won't allow me to send same query again. So there is no chance for me to know if its correct or not.... ??? ??? ???

sm001

Dec 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rocky272727 said:
Here is the screen shot...the first screen shot says In process which I have not attached and the second one is for your reference.

Here is the link to download it

http://rapidshare(dot)com/files/445736927/Capture(dot)JPG

Replace the (dot) with .

Hope it helps
Hi All

Can anyone send this screenshot through e-mail...as the link says "File is removed"

My e-mail ID is smart_001_0@yahoo.com.

Thanks

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fariza said:
I agree....it will be resolved soon...as I can understand that it causes worry among the applicants