+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONIP PhD stream Question about traveling and PR confirmation email reply timeline

freediagram

Star Member
May 24, 2016
Hi everyone,

I have submitted my ONIP phd stream PR application in Nov 2023 and am still waiting for my application to be processed and the decision. Now, I have a family emergency and need to travel back home for a month in Dec 2024-Jan 2025. I just want to know,
1. If I receive the first PR conformation email while I am outside of Canada, how long do I have to reply and confirm my presence.
2. If I am in Canada, is it possible to reply that I intend to travel and postpone my application process? will it significantly delay my application?
3. If I am outside of Canada and receive the emails, what are my options? Do I still have time to reschedule my flights and travel back to Canad and reply to the emails? or I have to immediately inform them that I am outside. In this case, how long doe it take for IRCC to reply to email.
4. If I receive the PR Portal credentials email indicating that my PR portal has been automatically created, how long do I have to upload my photo and address ?

Thanks.

Last edited: