+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONIP - Non Express Entry - PR Application

nisarg999

Jul 22, 2024
Hi Guys, Need your guidance in this situation.
I have submitted my PR file in non-express entry in august 2023 and received AOR in December 2023. I have added my spouse in my file and submitted all documents along with requested biometric in march 2024.
Now, I received passport request today. email subject is "Ready for Visa. Please use this letter if you or your accompanying dependants are currently residing in INDIA or NEPAL".

I called IRCC for next steps and they said this email is not for me and it's for my spouse. She needs to send a passport along with this email to receive Confirmation of Permanent Residence for her and asked me to wait to receive another email in portal for me.
However, i am bit confuse as is this normal to receive passport request for spouse and no update for principle applicant ?

Moreover, in email i only see my name and also there is one paragraph mentioned below
"
B) If you are currently in Canada:
You are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas).
"

when i asked support agent if i can submit a webform to inform IRCC saying i am inside a Canada. she said there is no step required from you and asked my spouse to send doc.

Can you please guide me in this situation if anyone have any idea about this ?