+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One time Canadian reapplying for Canadian citizenship - Decision made?????

Jul 16, 2016
Good day eh,
I am a "one-time" Canadian living in Germany. I renounced my citizenship in 2006 for the apparent love of my life in order to become a German citizen. (Big mistake) In May of this year I reapplied for my citizenship with all the necessary documentation and fees etc (Police security check, tax information etc - clean bill of health in all respects) and am already starting to make plans to go home (SW Ontario) - because I simply cannot fathom the idea that I could not be reinstated as a Canadian being I was born and raised there etc. Needless to say, I was totally surprised when I called up the CIC site to check my status and noticed that after only 6 weeks that the process status had already been updated to "Decision made".

I can only assume one of two things.

1) That I have been put into the "fast lane" per say because I was already Canadian and that I had a clean track record and that the decision was easy to make. (I had sent all my old Canadian passports, my parents immigration papers when they arrived in Canada and that they were/are Canadian citizens etc).

2) Someone had their knickers in a knot and said "nope - ain't gonna happen."

Has anyone had any experience with this type of quick decision making and if yes, what is the normal outcome? It has been about a week since the status has changed and I am running to my mailbox everyday hoping that an invitation from the Canadian embassy in Berlin is in it so that I can once again carry my Canadian passport and be a proud Canadian with all that it means. (Even though I have a German passport now; my heart still pumps Maple Syrup and I would be so happy to know that I can leave this country and come home to where I know what it is like to be free and not under the political madness that is taking place - and has been here since in arrived in Germany in 1995 - and I want no more to do with it.)

I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone who can give me some information about the "decision making" - because the CIC site is rather "vague" in what "Decision made" actually means. I feel it would be in the CIC's best interest to at least give a positive or negative notation on the website so that the applicant can make necessary arrangements in either direction if necessary.

Greetings from a Canadian abroad

Earl

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's a refusal. See full answer in your other thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/one-time-canadian-reapplying-for-canadian-citizenship-decision-made-t438285.0.html;msg5326281#new