+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One off payment to get visa

henry57

Mar 4, 2009
My wife and I are being sponsored by are daughter under the family sponsorship scheme.
We are at stage 1 and have been told that our file is in a queue from 18 - 28 months. Then it has to come over to London with another possible 12 months wait.

We know there are other ways of entry i.e: business visa, entrepreneur visa, self employed visa and skilled workers visa. unfortunately we do not fit any of these.

We have heard there is another way of getting a visa by making a single payment to the government
which covers medical ins etc.

Has anyone heard of this, if so information will be gratefully appreciated.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
There is no other way of getting a permanent visa . . . you might be able to get a temporary visa, which could involve showing that you have medical insurance coverage, etc., but it's not as simple as making a single payment to the government and, basically, buying your way into Canada.

Whether you would be approved for a visit visa depends on whether you are from a visa-exempt or non-visa-exempt country, and the particulars of your situation. Customarily people from non-visa-exempt countries with applications for permanent residency in progress are not granted temporary visas to enter Canada because they cannot prove - by virtue of having applied for permanent status - that they actually intend only to stay temporarily.