+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

On Open WP - EE application

thor1977

Oct 21, 2021
Hi all
I am filling in the EE application for my spouse, and am confused about the responses. my case:
Working on an open work permit
Working for the last 8 months and the job will continue (so am assuming if I get a new letter from the employer, it is counted as a job offer)
What should i put for LMIA - is it yes, no, or exempt due to the three conditions they mention there.
There is no LMIA by the way since I am on an open WP.

Main problem: not getting any points for arranged employment, it should be 50 points for that right?

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Hi all
I am filling in the EE application for my spouse, and am confused about the responses. my case:
Working for the last 8 months and the job will continue (so am assuming if I get a new letter from the employer, it is counted as a job offer)
What should i put for LMIA - is it yes, no, or exempt due to the three conditions they mention there.

Main problem: not getting any points for arranged employment, it should be 50 points for that right?
You have to put NO
So no LIMIA no points

Reactions: Naturgrl and scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all

No, it's not counted as a job offer since you are on an open work permit with no employer named. Your employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA to count the 50 job offer points.