+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oman Police Clearance Attestation

z3ro1

Nov 12, 2021
Hey everyone,

I've been on and off this forum for the best part of a decade (ever since I was a student) and I've found it incredibly helpful.

I'm currently at the stage of my PR application where I was asked to provide a police clearance certificate from Oman (a country I used to live in as an expatriate in the past). After a lot of back and forth (via email), I did manage to get a police clearance certificate.

However, it does state on the certificate that it needs to be attested by the Oman Ministry of Foreign Affairs, for "abroad use". A lot of searching on this forum did lead me to threads where people did get this done, however every case has been that of people going to Oman in person.

Since I currently live in Canada, going to Oman isn't really an option. An email to the Royal Oman Police led to them responding with "go to an embassy or consulate". However, after some checking, it turns out Canada has neither an Omani embassy nor consulate.

I was wondering if anyone has had experience doing this attestation from Canada, or alternatively, if anyone's submitted their application without an attestation at all.

Thanks