Old Passport Required?

SBarwal

Nov 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

At the time of submission of all documents to CIC, do we need to submit our old passports copy (all pages or 1st and last page) also or only latest passport is sufficient ??

Thk...

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
SBarwal said:
Dear All,

At the time of submission of all documents to CIC, do we need to submit our old passports copy (all pages or 1st and last page) also or only latest passport is sufficient ??

Thk...
Only latest required but feel free to upload stamps from your old passport if you think it backs up your travel history.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
If you're resident in a country other than that of your nationality and the visa and entry stamp that demonstrates your legal residence over there, is in an older passport, you would need to show this.

If you have changed personal details such as name you may want to consider showing an older passport to back up your legal name change documents.

Other than this, I don't believe that it's required to show old passports upfront. Indeed it's not even possible to enter an expired passport in the application form- it gives an error saying that the expiry date needs to be in the future (i.e. current passport).

SBarwal

Nov 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnjkjk said:
If you're resident in a country other than that of your nationality and the visa and entry stamp that demonstrates your legal residence over there, is in an older passport, you would need to show this.

If you have changed personal details such as name you may want to consider showing an older passport to back up your legal name change documents.

Other than this, I don't believe that it's required to show old passports upfront. Indeed it's not even possible to enter an expired passport in the application form- it gives an error saying that the expiry date needs to be in the future (i.e. current passport).
Thk all.

pseetha

Jan 1, 2018
Since all my stamping are in old passport and I am in a foreign country, if I need to attach my old passport along with stamping, where do I attach it? in the same pdf along with my new passport? or somewhere else?

canadianstudypermit

Feb 17, 2021
Since all my stamping are in old passport and I am in a foreign country, if I need to attach my old passport along with stamping, where do I attach it? in the same pdf along with my new passport? or somewhere else?
Hello. Did you find the answer to your question? If yes may you please share it with me.