+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Old Application + Decision Made gets oath faster than New App + Decision Made?

tsooma

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there a system whereby an applicant who's been waiting a long time (2 years) for Decision Made gets his oath letter faster than someone who had a quick test invite + quick DM post-test?

I got DM on 5 Nov, Office = Montreal ...
Will I be Canadian before Christmas?

Nov 25, 2016
Well, if you think and behave like an honest Canadian then you're already a real Canadian. May we know why you got 2 RQs? Unfair or careless mistakes?

All the best!

tsooma

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
straightforward said:
Well, if you think and behave like an "honest Canadian" then you're already a real Canadian.
No, I'm only Canadian after having taken the oath!

straightforward said:
May we know why you got 2 RQs? Unfair or careless mistakes?
IMHO unfair, never been careless.
Donno why I got 3*** RQs

Please abstain from commenting if you have nothing not-condescending and useful to say.
Thanks

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
tsooma said:
Is there a system whereby an applicant who's been waiting a long time (2 years) for Decision Made gets his oath letter faster than someone who had a quick test invite + quick DM post-test?

Check my stats in my signature. It took around one month from "Decision Made" to "Oath" for me. Based on that and assuming a similar timeline since we're very close, I would expect your letter any time before the end of the month and your oath the last week before Christmas.

Let me know and early congrats. It was a wonderful emotional moment when I took the oath. And you're right, you really feel CANADIAN at that specific moment. A great feeling for us, RQed.

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tsooma said:

I don't think there is any......there's still a lot of applicants from years back still waiting for oath. I know how difficult and trying it is to have your life in the hands of others. Don't loose hope. Think positive!!
If not Canadian by Christmas....be a Canadian for the New year!! :D :D :D
Best of luck to you.

tsooma

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:
Check my stats in my signature. It took around one month from "Decision Made" to "Oath" for me. Based on that and assuming a similar timeline since we're very close, I would expect your letter any time before the end of the month and your oath the last week before Christmas.

Let me know and early congrats. It was a wonderful emotional moment when I took the oath. And you're right, you really feel CANADIAN at that specific moment. A great feeling for us, RQed.
Nope, no letter.
Called them 2 days ago to let them know I'd be abroad for 2 weeks, gave dates. They added a notice not to send oath during that time period.

tsooma

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stargazerlilly said:
I don't think there is any......there's still a lot of applicants from years back still waiting for oath. I know how difficult and trying it is to have your life in the hands of others. Don't loose hope. Think positive!!
If not Canadian by Christmas....be a Canadian for the New year!! :D :D :D
Best of luck to you.
Sounds like it, thanks for the words of encouragement!
Hoping for a fast and short wait in January!