+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Regional immigration: location of job offer

mehtatapan44

Mar 5, 2023
So I have applied for OINP and I confused regarding what should is select as an answer for the question:-

Select the location of your job offer from the list of census divisions where you will work, or if working in more than one location, select the location where you will report to work.

Now my office is in toronto but I work remotely from Niagara I don't have to report to this office under any situation it is a completely remote position. So for the location of the job do I select Toronto or Niagara(where I live and work from)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So I have applied for OINP and I confused regarding what should is select as an answer for the question:-

Select the location of your job offer from the list of census divisions where you will work, or if working in more than one location, select the location where you will report to work.

Now my office is in toronto but I work remotely from Niagara I don't have to report to this office under any situation it is a completely remote position. So for the location of the job do I select Toronto or Niagara(where I live and work from)
So if you don’t “report to this office under any situation” then who do you report to? employer has to show the following:

Business premise documents
To prove you have a business premise in Ontario, you may be asked to submit either a copy of:

• a deed to the property, which shows the employer as owner
  • a valid lease, offer of lease, license, or valid notice of license registered on title with landlord/licensor’s name, address and telephone number

So expect OINP will count your job from the Toronto office. See last post of this thread posted today.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/urgent-oinp-employer-job-offer-international-student-stream.790952/#post-10386147

Fround

Mar 5, 2023

Select the location of your job offer from the list of census divisions where you will work, or if working in more than one location vampire survivors, select the location where you will report to work.

As a remote worker, the location where you work from is typically considered your place of work for immigration and tax purposes.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
As a remote worker, the location where you work from is typically considered your place of work for immigration and tax purposes.
Did you read OINP requirements, especially for the employer? You get points for the office being outside Toronto. This has nothing to do with taxes or federal immigration.

Last edited: