+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - reference letters needed for all jobs?

soyabean

Oct 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am filling out my form for OINP and under the Occupation section, it says:

Attach supporting documentation for each employment entry (reference letters, workbooks, etc.). Please ensure that you do not leave any gaps in time. Use a separate sheet if necessary. Note: only relevant paid work experience will be assessed.
Does this mean I need reference letters for all employment listed even if I am not claiming points for them? Or do I just need them for the ones I listed in my EE profile? I am unsure as I have had both long-term permanent jobs as well as short-term temporary jobs in NOC1123 but only listed the long-term ones in my EE in case I could not get satisfactory reference letters for the short-term ones. But now I am unsure if I need letters for all the positions anyway... Please let me know if you could help clarify!

karandeepwalia

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
0124/1123
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2017
LANDED..........
07/11/2017
Hi,
As far as my knowledge says - you need to attach ref. letters of all the places you've worked in/with and that too paid jobs.
and if you job is full-time and paid so you will claim points of that job/experience.
Ref. letters should contain relevant information regarding your job profile, roles and responsibilities while you were in that job with LOE if something you feel will be difficult for Canadian authorities to understand.

All the best.

soyabean

Oct 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks! I'll try to get reference letters for all the jobs then.

For the short-term temp jobs, any idea if I should approach my temping agency or the company I worked for to get the letters?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Only relevant experience. It is completely your choice to leave some jobs out of your work history if you don't want the points/can't get the reference letters/those jobs don't add anything to your application.

soyabean

Oct 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Only relevant experience. It is completely your choice to leave some jobs out of your work history if you don't want the points/can't get the reference letters/those jobs don't add anything to your application.
Thanks, Asivad. I have 1.5 years of experience as marketing executive (NOC 1123) and 1 year as marketing assistant. Since I'm not sure if the marketing assistant job is NOC 1123 or NOC 1241, would you suggest I delete it from my EE (currently entered as NOC 1123)? It doesn't affect my score and that way I don't need a reference letter right? Or should I change that role to NOC 1241 on my EE, in which case I would have two different NOC on my work history.

Also, if I amend my work history on my EE, does it void my PT notification of interest from Ontario?