+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP: PGWP is going to expire soon!

Fate69

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Hello guys, I sent my application to OINP on March 7 and they received it on March 9.

My PGWP is going to expire in the middle of June, so what should I do if I don't receive the nomination in time? Can I apply for the Visitor Visa and update my status to them?

I am an inland CEC, so I hope they can process the case a little faster:(.

shdhsjej

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2015
Fate69 said:
Hello guys, I sent my application to OINP on March 7 and they received it on March 9.

My PGWP is going to expire in the middle of June, so what should I do if I don't receive the nomination in time? Can I apply for the Visitor Visa and update my status to them?

Sorry to say this but I read somewhere that you need to be in a valid status while your application in under process. It was a reply from OntarioNominee to someone's question to them.

ImmiToCanada

Mar 2, 2014
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
Hey Fate69, you may consider apply for Bridging open work permits http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

Good luck with your ONIP and PR application

Fate69 said:

Fate69

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
ImmiToCanada said:
Hey Fate69, you may consider apply for Bridging open work permits http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

I thought we need AOR from EE in order to apply for Bridging Open Work Permit....

Fate69

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
shdhsjej said:
Sorry to say this but I read somewhere that you need to be in a valid status while your application in under process. It was a reply from OntarioNominee to someone's question to them.
Is there anyway we can update our status to them? I know we can update our address change to them, but status?

megadesu

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
shdhsjej said:
Hi,

I would like to know where I should look for the thread that you said applicants need to be in a valid status.

Thank you.

tp_marina

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ImmiToCanada said:

AFAIK you're not allowed to apply for bridging when on PGWP, only if on regular work permits.

tp_marina

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tp_marina said:
AFAIK you're not allowed to apply for bridging when on PGWP, only if on regular work permits.
I was wrong: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=676&top=29
I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere, though...but since CIC says otherwise, it's probably false information :D

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
PGWP can only be bridged if you have an application for PR in process or you have been nominated by a province.

I'm sorry but OINP "might" not even send you an AOR by that time (as per recent AOR timeline). They are not sending more PTs so I hope they pick up pace to process files faster.

Good luck

megadesu

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
manidhatt said:
PGWP can only be bridged if you have an application for PR in process or you have been nominated by a province.

I'm sorry but OINP "might" not even send you an AOR by that time (as per recent AOR timeline). They are not sending more PTs so I hope the pick up pace to process files faster.

Good luck
Well, from I read from other thread, they are still sending PT. It's just not that frequently as last year.

Fate69

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
manidhatt said:

I'm sorry but OINP "might" not even send you an AOR by that time (as per recent AOR timeline). They are not sending more PTs so I hope they pick up pace to process files faster.

Good luck
Thanks. If I got an AOR before my expiration date, can I apply for Bridge Work Permit before getting nominated or invitation from EE?

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Fate69 said:
Thanks. If I got an AOR before my expiration date, can I apply for Bridge Work Permit before getting nominated or invitation from EE?
Unfortunately not. You need either nomination or eAPR for PR application. AOR from OINP would not work.