+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP non express entry what if work permit expires before NOI? does employer need to prove recrutment

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
I have an issue where I need 9 months of experience (in-demand stream) on a 12 month work permit so I probably wont get NOI and nominations until my wp expires.
So it seems i can apply for visitor record while waiting for my nomination. Then apply for a work permit with work permit letter and hopefully start working for my employer within 10 months.

but also what if my work permit expires before I get NOI i know i will lose 10 points but will my employer require advertising?

Employers must demonstrate that reasonable efforts were made to recruit a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident prior to offering the position to the applicant, unless:

• the applicant already has a valid work permit to work in Ontario Mine will have expired
  • the employer has a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) for the position
If the applicant already has a valid work permit to work in Ontario, the employer does not also need to provide a positive LMIA.