+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Nomination taking forever

sun_glow

Aug 29, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I submitted my OINP application in February 2016 it is now September 2016 and I still haven't received my nomination. My PGWP has expired and I'm now back to school to maintain a valid status. I was asked to submit extra documentation, prove of funds and my legal name as it appears on my passport in August which I did. I wrote the agent and I thought I would receive a response by now but still no response until now, not even to say I received your email and i'm still processing your application. My life is in limbo and I've invested a lot of resources time and money in this entire process. I even had to go back to school and now paying international fees for the courses i'm taking. My express entry profile will expire at the end of the month.

Please does anyone know what's going on or have an explanation? why the delay? any advise on what to do? is anyone else also going through this same issue? does anyone know how long this process takes and the stages?

twarpdev

Apr 20, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
Doc's Request.
16-11-2016
Nomination.....
27-12-2016
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
Passport Req..
02-05-2018
I can share your frustration, since they even took almost 2 months to get me the AOR.
I'm assuming that they have allocated some of their resources to do the migration of the processing system to the internet base.

Nasa2n2

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
Hi Sun,

OINP becoming a Joke Check this out

"must not be intending to pursue further academic studies in Ontario."

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_MASTERS_WHO.html

sun_glow said:
Hi Everyone,

I submitted my OINP application in February 2016 it is now September 2016 and I still haven't received my nomination. My PGWP has expired and I'm now back to school to maintain a valid status. I was asked to submit extra documentation, prove of funds and my legal name as it appears on my passport in August which I did. I wrote the agent and I thought I would receive a response by now but still no response until now, not even to say I received your email and i'm still processing your application. My life is in limbo and I've invested a lot of resources time and money in this entire process. I even had to go back to school and now paying international fees for the courses i'm taking. My express entry profile will expire at the end of the month.

Please does anyone know what's going on or have an explanation? why the delay? any advise on what to do? is anyone else also going through this same issue? does anyone know how long this process takes and the stages?

sun_glow

Aug 29, 2016
I think that applies solely to the OINP Masters Graduate program (must not be intending to pursue further academic studies in Ontario) and not the Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities which I applied to.

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
sun_glow said:
Hi Everyone,

I want to apply for OINP in the near future too. But thinking about their speed, it's not my optimal choice now. The only thing I know that they have huge backlog files. For now, I guess you can only wait for them and see what will happen in November as they will announce something at least.

Try to extend ur stay in canada to the longest is the best thing for now :D

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sun_glow said:
Hi Everyone,

sorry to hear mate... hopefully you will get nomination soon.

can you please join this group

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/oinp-applications-delivered-in-february-2016-lets-connect-here-t396585.1785.html

we are all february applicants waiting for nominations :(

Telitos

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Hey, I can relate, my PGWP also expired and I've now been just a visitor here for some time. I applied to OINP early August and just got AOR. I'm hoping for a smooth processing, although given my current points (464) I got a felling CIC will invite me before Ontario does. Whatever I suppose, except I would've lost quite a bit of money on the OINP should that happen...

School wise, I also do not want to pay international tuition and chose to just stay here as a visitor. Don't know how long they'll allow me to stay though...

This may be too late in your case, and I don't know what kind of program you applied to, but the CIC mentions that you are allowed to ask for a study permit even for studies that do not require one (less than 6 months study program), as long as the institution at which you are studying is accredited. There is a list of such institutions somewhere, easy to google. This could be a way to save some money as some programs could cost less and their short duration would mean you can just learn something for some short time just for the sake of waiting for your PR. I know it might not be the right reason to pursue that kind of studies, but who knows, one may even learn something interesting in the process! The best part is, I'm guessing you would have the right to work at the same time also!

I personally did not find anything I wanted to study and found other stuff to do meanwhile. But anyway, it's just a thought.

Best of luck to you!