+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Job Offer: Foreign Worker (co-op student inland)

waterloocoop

Oct 5, 2021
Hi, I am currently a student doing an undergraduate degree in Canada. I discovered the OINP Job offer Foreign Worker stream and it seems to me that I already meet the requirements. I had a few questions in case some one has an experience with a similar case.
1) Since this program does not have an education requirement even if I am actively pursuing a degree in Canada that shouldn't matter?
2) I have over 2 years of work experience through co-op(paid and in same NOC as job offer). It looks like co-op experience does count under this program am I correct?
3) My job offer is for about 6 months from now(May 2022) and I graduate April 2022, I will apply for PGWP to have work authorization for this job. Does it matter if the job start date is this far out?
4) My EOI score is 50, so it seems like I should get NOI in the next draw(possibly this month). Then if I am approved for nomination, I plan to file the digital PR application which was announced this year only. This process would be overall much quicker compared to waiting for EE eligibility 1 year after I start working on PGWP.

Is there any glaring issues/problems with my case? I'm surprised not many people use this stream with similar profile as me. Please advice

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I already have full time and permanent job offer from the employer and it begins in May 2022. The letter includes wage and hours which is also well above the median for the NOC.
The job offer doesn't meet requirements. Specifically this one:

- The position offered must be urgently necessary to your employer’s business. This means that the job offer must align with your employer’s existing business activities and the position must be urgently needed to maintain or grow ongoing business activity.

Your job offer is future dated to May 2022. So not urgently necessary.

piegoogle

Star Member
Oct 9, 2021
You need a full time, permanent job offer from the employer for that stream. So no, you are not eligible.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream#section-2

Hello,

I graduated in August 2021 (3 year degree). I have a valid full time job offer and have started working since September 13th 2021. My PGWP application is in progress.
The job offer is fulltime (no end date), NOC B category, for a big-name company in Toronto.

Am I eligible for this stream?

Alkesh007

Aug 21, 2024
I have 1.8 years of work experience through fulltime employment(paid and in same NOC as job offer) and 4 month of full-time through co-op(paid and in same NOC as job offer). It looks like co-op experience does count under this program am I correct?

Alkesh007

Aug 21, 2024

Alkesh007

Aug 21, 2024
The job offer doesn't meet requirements. Specifically this one:

- The position offered must be urgently necessary to your employer’s business. This means that the job offer must align with your employer’s existing business activities and the position must be urgently needed to maintain or grow ongoing business activity.

Your job offer is future dated to May 2022. So not urgently necessary.
I have 1.8 years of work experience through fulltime employment(paid and in same NOC as job offer) and 4 month of full-time through co-op(paid and in same NOC as job offer). It looks like co-op experience does count under this program am I correct?