+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - IELTS to expire and no ITA yet

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Hello Friends,

After getting a PT notification under OINP and sending across all documents by 1 March 2016, I am awaiting for them to review my documents. I reached out to them by email and was asked to wait. My concern is that in a month's time my IELTS certificate will expire.
As they have asked my to not send any new documents further, even I do re-take the exam; do I wait till OINP sends an acknowledgement letter? Should I wait to re-take the exam until I receive the acknowledgement letter?

Please advise
regards
Krishna

Email received:Dear Sir/Madam,

Your application package has been received in our office and is in queue for review by an officer.

Due to the high volume of applications being received, Acknowledgement Letters may take longer to be issued.

If your application is complete, you will receive the letter from OINP by email to indicate that your application has been accepted for assessment.

If your application is incomplete, your package will be returned to you by Purolator including the payment.

Please note that if you are in Canada, it is your responsibility to remain in legal status throughout the time while your application is being processed by our program.

Do NOT submit any documentation to this office until you have received a formal acknowledgement letter from PNP advising that your application has been accepted for processing and advising you of your assigned file number.

Thank you for your interest in our program.

Sincerely,

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program | Programme Ontarien des Candidats à l’Immigration
Ministry of Citizenship, Immigration and International Trade | Ministère des Affaires civiques, de l’Immigration et du Commerce international
Government of Ontario | Gouvernement de l’Ontario
5th floor | 5ème étage
400 University Ave. | 400, avenue University
Toronto ON | M7A 2R9
Tel | Tél : (416) 327-0374
Fax | Télécopieur : (416) 327-0860

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
you have a little chance to receive nomination in such a less time. please update your new IELTS results to maintain your CRS above 400. your profile will become ineligible on the expiry of your IELTS. Creating new Profile will need new results for the same. Do it fast. catch the train if you can.

IELTS results must be updated before the previous one expire.

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Thank you very much for the advise, bestofluck. I understand I need to hurry and will plan to take the test again before my current scores expire.

All the best!
Krishna

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
I just checked the available dates to re-take the IELTS test (British Council), across cities. The next available date seems to be in 10 Sept. My current scores will expire by 14 August and these are under British Council.

I see availability in July for the IELTS test conducted by IDP. Can I retake the test under IDP and show these scores? Though my current IELTS scores are from British Council?

Please let me know.

Thanks
Krishna

SNS76

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akprasad1 said:
I just checked the available dates to re-take the IELTS test (British Council), across cities. The next available date seems to be in 10 Sept. My current scores will expire by 14 August and these are under British Council.

I see availability in July for the IELTS test conducted by IDP. Can I retake the test under IDP and show these scores? Though my current IELTS scores are from British Council?

Please let me know.

Thanks
Krishna
IDP is OK. It doesn't matter from where you are giving your exam IDP/BC. All are same :)

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Thanks SNS76, I will have to go with IDP.

However if my current IELTS Scores expires by 15- Aug-2016 and my IDP scores come only by 22-Aug-2016; would my application still be valid with OINP? As they will have my expired certificate with them.

SNS76

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akprasad1 said:
Thanks SNS76, I will have to go with IDP.

However if my current IELTS Scores expires by 15- Aug-2016 and my IDP scores come only by 22-Aug-2016; would my application still be valid with OINP? As they will have my expired certificate with them.
Result will come by 13 days. You said IDP has date in july, so you are able to do that before 15 Aug. I had the same situation. Don't wait. If it's expire, your EE profile also will be expire. You need to do all things again!!

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Thanks again SNS76.

Once you got the results, did you only update the EE profile with the new IELTS scores and new expiry date of the certificate? Or did you courier a copy of the new certificate to OINP?

SNS76

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akprasad1 said:
Thanks again SNS76.

Once you got the results, did you only update the EE profile with the new IELTS scores and new expiry date of the certificate? Or did you courier a copy of the new certificate to OINP?
You need to update in EE and send OINP the scan copy of your IELTS result (if you have your file number). If you don't have any file number yet, just send them with your name and date of your received the package in OINP by email.

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Friends,

Unfortunately I was a day late to update my IELTS language score from the re-test I had take. As the previous score expired and I was unable to update the new score,since the myCIC website was down for maintenance (13-Aug). My current online EE form shows "Transmitted" and I am unable to edit it.

I got a message that my profile is now ineligible. Is my only option now to create a new profile and submit it? I had applied and paid for the OINP process under my current profile and was still awaiting their processing.

Is there a way to link my new EE profile to the OINP profile?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
akprasad1 said:
Friends,

Unfortunately I was a day late to update my IELTS language score from the re-test I had take. As the previous score expired and I was unable to update the new score,since the myCIC website was down for maintenance (13-Aug). My current online EE form shows "Transmitted" and I am unable to edit it.

I got a message that my profile is now ineligible. Is my only option now to create a new profile and submit it? I had applied and paid for the OINP process under my current profile and was still awaiting their processing.

Create a new profile and intimate OINP. See below what OINP says about the same.

If the profile on which you received a Letter of Interest became ineligible, you have to advise our office.

The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) will continue to process your application if you create a new Express Entry profile, however, to do so we require you to provide the following within 30 calendar days of receipt of this notice, or if you have not yet submitted your application, with the application:

1. The Express Entry number/job seeker validation code for your new profile;
2. A copy of the letter you have received from Citizenship and Immigration Canada acknowledging the new profile; and
3. A letter explaining why you updated your profile and a list of the additional or updated information you provided in your new Express Entry profile.

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Thank you Stanlee for your quick reply. Its a relief to hear that I can link my new EE Profile to my previous OINP application.

Can I send them an email and inform them, attaching the copy of the letter I have received from Citizenship and Immigration Canada acknowledging the new profile? With information on why I created the new profile.
Instead of a Courier to their office, as the email would convey the message faster.

Lastly the Job Bank Registration for the new EE Profile is showing as Pending. As I have an existing Job Bank profile under my previous EE Profile (ineligible now) can I get the existing Job Bank profile linked to my new EE Profile?

regards
Krishna

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
akprasad1 said:
Thank you Stanlee for your quick reply. Its a relief to hear that I can link my new EE Profile to my previous OINP application.

Can I send them an email and inform them, attaching the copy of the letter I have received from Citizenship and Immigration Canada acknowledging the new profile? With information on why I created the new profile.
Instead of a Courier to their office, as the email would convey the message faster.

Lastly the Job Bank Registration for the new EE Profile is showing as Pending. As I have an existing Job Bank profile under my previous EE Profile (ineligible now) can I get the existing Job Bank profile linked to my new EE Profile?

regards
Krishna
Yes, you can email them.

Yes, you will have to revalidate your Job Bank account with new Express Entry Profile Number and Job Seeker Code.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
akprasad1 said:
Friends,

Cant OINP transfer the PT to your new EE account?