+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker without IELTS and LMIA

Mukshu

Jan 18, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I am considering applying for OINP Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream in this year. Before proceeding further, I want to understand the process and requirements thoroughly.

Based on various experiences from forums, I understand that sometimes employers may have concerns about signing the Employer Form due to sensitive data. My employer is a small employer (<25) and assured me to help but to avoid any surprises or roadblocks midway through the process, I wanted to be clear on all those steps in advance.

Here are some questions and points I would appreciate clarification on:

1. Legal Representation: Can you guys confirm if it is necessary to engage an immigration attorney to handle the OINP application, or we can manage entire process effectively on our own?
  2. Documentation Requirements: Aside from the Job Offer and the Signed Employment Form, could you please outline any additional documentation or information that may be required from employer side? If there are any concerns about sensitive data, I want them to be clarified in advance.
  3. Involvement of an Immigration Attorney: If there are concerns about sensitive data in the Employer Form, should I ask Employer to handle this entire process by immigration attorney ? I believe attorney's involvement can provide employer more confidence, especially regarding the disclosure of details to me as the candidate. I am willing to cover any associated costs if necessary.
  4. LMIA Requirement: I already hold an open work permit and a valid SIN. As per my understanding, I do not require an LMIA at this stage. However, I would appreciate if some one can confirm my understanding. I am basing my understanding on the information provided in the Ontario government's guidelines, particularly Section 1. General Requirements, which states that LMIA exemption applies to applicants with valid work permits in Ontario. https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream#section-2
  5. Language Proficiency: I had WES assessment in past and currently it is expired. I can renew it. I have not yet undertaken the IELTS examination. Although I am willing to pursue this if necessary, I would like to confirm whether it is a mandatory requirement for the OINP application. My current score without the IELTS stands at approximately 48. I gave IELTS in past and based on that I can easily get CLB 8 if needed which can add 6 more points.
Thanks