+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

oh no...

snz

Dec 26, 2009
Hi guys.

This is my first post and hope will be regular user here.

I need little advice from you. I want to immigrate to Canada with my family (wife and new born baby). We are from Central Asia and at present I am doing MBA in Seoul/Korea and my wife holds master degree (electrical engineering).
I have following questions:

1. What is the best and fast way to immigrate to Canada?
2. Can we apply under federal skilled worker program? could not find anything in occupation list.
3. Can I apply at Canadian embassy in Tokyo (processing time is shorter there)?
4. What happens if I apply in Seoul/Tokyo and leave for home or another country? No canadian embassy or consulate there.

I may have more question but at the moment these are really important for me.

Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

snz said:
Hi guys.

This is my first post and hope will be regular user here.

I need little advice from you. I want to immigrate to Canada with my family (wife and new born baby). We are from Central Asia and at present I am doing MBA in Seoul/Korea and my wife holds master degree (electrical engineering).
I have following questions:

1. What is the best and fast way to immigrate to Canada?
2. Can we apply under federal skilled worker program? could not find anything in occupation list.
3. Can I apply at Canadian embassy in Tokyo (processing time is shorter there)?
4. What happens if I apply in Seoul/Tokyo and leave for home or another country? No canadian embassy or consulate there.

I may have more question but at the moment these are really important for me.

Thanks.
1. If neither of you have at least 1 years experience in the list of "38" occupations, then you don't qualify for FSW1. see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2008/2008-11-28a.asp
2. Only other 2 options are if you are able to obtain an Approved Employment Option for an employer in Canada. Or have either worked or studied in Canada.
3. If you qualify, you don't have a choice where you can apply, All applications go to Sydney for preliminary review, and then to the office responsible for your country of nationality or where you reside, after being ADMITTED for 1 year.

PMM