+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ODSP

Jul 2, 2024
Hey guys I’m currently dealing with my visitor visa application and i have a few questions. So I’m receiving an invitation letter from my cousin to come visit her in canada. Her brother (my cousin) recently died by self deleting which took a toll on the family, they are getting an head stone for his grave and wanted as much family member there as possible and this will be listed in my invitation letter. Since it’s a family event is this enough reason to want to visit canada?

also my cousin sending the invitation letter is on ODSP I’ve heard that it doesn’t affect the process but is that true and if so what are the requirements, does she need to highlight this?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys I’m currently dealing with my visitor visa application and i have a few questions. So I’m receiving an invitation letter from my cousin to come visit her in canada. Her brother (my cousin) recently died by self deleting which took a toll on the family, they are getting an head stone for his grave and wanted as much family member there as possible and this will be listed in my invitation letter. Since it’s a family event is this enough reason to want to visit canada?

also my cousin sending the invitation letter is on ODSP I’ve heard that it doesn’t affect the process but is that true and if so what are the requirements, does she need to highlight this?
TRV approval/refusal will be based on your own funds, ties to your home country, international travel history, reason for travel, etc.so your cousin’s finances have nothing to do with your TRV.