+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NS PNP for Skilled Workers

Z_elda

Apr 10, 2024
Hello all,
I am facing this issue. While I can easily apply for Nova Scotia's PNP under skilled workers, the contract I can have from my employer has pre-determined end because is a research study in Dalhousie and this is how it works for everyone there. Every year their contracts are renewed because the positions are funded/ granted and they already have the grants for the position(they can prove that). But they can not give a "permanent job". Can I still apply for PNP skilled workers without having a permanent job offer but a yearly contract with a definite possibility for extension after the one year?Any knowledge will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Z_elda

Apr 10, 2024
Thanks for your answer. Right I read that thats why i am asking. What I'm saying is although the funds for this position for the next five years at least are granted to the university the contracts are annualy for all employees( and they are renewed every year cause they already have the money for these positions that are needed)of this specific research study so I am wondering if we can add support documents about this situation in my application with the proof that this position is in need for at least the next 5 years (with no canadian or permanent resident to be able to cover it in a long time now) and the money for this position are already covered and granted to the uni if I can still apply for the pnp and if they will take into consideration all these parameters.

Last edited:

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
Thanks for your answer. Right I read that thats why i am asking. What I'm saying is although the funds for this position for the next five years at least are granted to the university the contracts are annualy for all employees( and they are renewed every year cause they already have the money for these positions that are needed)of this specific research study so I am wondering if we can add support documents about this situation in my application with the proof that this position is in need for at least the next 5 years (with no canadian or permanent resident to be able to cover it in a long time now) and the money for this position are already covered and granted to the uni if I can still apply for the pnp and if they will take into consideration all these parameters.
No they can't, unfortunately this position is not eligible for applying to PNP. It is stated on the first page of the guide - Part I: You must have a full-time, permanent job offer from a Nova Scotia employer BEFORE you can apply to immigrate through the NSNP Skilled Worker stream. Full-time means that you will work year-round for a minimum of 30 hours a week. Permanent means your job does NOT have an end date
As soon as they read your job offer, it will be declined

Reactions: Naturgrl

Z_elda

Apr 10, 2024
The whole immigration system in Canada is so overwhelming and ridiculously expensive. No wonder the lack in Healthcare professionals. Thank you anyway.