Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2016
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hello all,
I will be posting updates to our Inland with OWP (Open Work Permit) Application here in the hopes that other people can gain some insight to this specific process.
First, a bit about us, my name is George and I met Soo in December 2014. She was in Canada as a guardian for her son who was in grade school here for English immersion. We have been in a relationship since the day we met. There was a period of time that it became a long distance relationship when Soo had to go back to Korea but, with a couple of visit trips to Korea, we persevered and I believe we are better off. We were reunited in July 2016 when she returned to Canada to stay and we were married on October 22, 2016. During all this time, her son was in Canada under a student visa.

Me:
The Sponsor (and husband)
Canadian born citizen
Currently residing in Canada

Her:
The Applicant
South Korean born citizen
Visitors Visa

Son:
The Dependent
South Korean born citizen
Student Visa

We chose an inland application primarily for the OWP and are not too concerned about traveling during the application period.
We prepared the application ourselves, had it reviewed by an immigration lawyer and mailed it off on November 9th, 2016.
It was received (with signature) on November 14th, 2016.
So far we haven't heard anything...

Guanguar16

Oct 11, 2016
Hi George,

I also applied through inland and mailed my application on 1st.November, 2016. I haven't heard anything yet either. It normally takes 1-2 months for AOR. However, I read lots of threads that normally should be around 28 days.

Good luck for us!

georgensoo

Feb 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2016
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
We received our AOR (Acknowledgement Of Receipt) from CIC today! Woohoo! That was 18 days from when the application was delivered to Mississauga, seems really fast based on other posts here.
So far the CIC website 'status of your application' has not been updated to reflect this latest development.

Good luck to all who are going through the same process, hopefully you realize speedy turn arounds as well.

prezdork

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
I sent mine on November 14th and it was received by them on November 15th.

I just got an email from them today saying that they have received my sponsorship application.

Is that considered an AOR?