+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nova Scotia PNP- Labour market priorities stream with FSW category experience

Manjusaini

May 5, 2020
Hi

I am on my PGWP in Nova Scotia. I have 7 months part time experience in NOC 42201, Teer 2 job while on my study. Now, I have job offer of same NOC. Can I combine these 2 experiences under Labour market priorities stream with FSW category experience to get 1560 hours?

As student experience is valid in FSW category. My another question is what do you mean by CONTINUOUS experience, is it like experience with one employer of 1560 hours total?

Thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi

I am on my PGWP in Nova Scotia. I have 7 months part time experience in NOC 42201, Teer 2 job while on my study. Now, I have job offer of same NOC. Can I combine these 2 experiences under Labour market priorities stream with FSW category experience to get 1560 hours?

As student experience is valid in FSW category. My another question is what do you mean by CONTINUOUS experience, is it like experience with one employer of 1560 hours total?

Thanks.
To be eligible for FSW, you need one year of continuous, full-time, skilled experience in one NOC. So that means no breaks in work experience. Are you eligible for FSW.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

Manjusaini

May 5, 2020
It also count the work done on casual position in same noc?

I did part time from Feb 2023 to Sep 2023, then

I started as casual on same position, same noc from Oct 2023 to 31 Jan 2024, now

I am going to start full time on same position, same noc from 1 Feb 2024 onwards.

It will be no break but employer will change from Feb 2024 onwards.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It also count the work done on casual position in same noc?

I started as casual on same position, same noc from Oct 2023 to 31 Jan 2024, now

I am going to start full time on same position, same noc from 1 Feb 2024 onwards.

So this is Canadian experience on you PGWP?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No, while studying.

JAN 2024 onwards will be on PGWP.
For FSW, you need a year of foreign experience - continuous, full time, one NOC. So I am not sure what you are trying to do as your experience as a student doesn’t count and is not one year. Now that you are on PGWP, it is Canadian experience. You cannot combine the two. You meet eligibility for FSW separately from Canadian experience.

Manjusaini

May 5, 2020
But on IRCC website , they mention in FSW category student experience will be counted, but not in CEC and FST category.

Federal Skilled Worker Program
Student work experience gained while you were studying in Canada or abroad counts towards the minimum requirements for the Federal Skilled Worker Program if the work:

This includes co-op terms and apprenticeships.

https://www.ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=394&top=29

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
But on IRCC website , they mention in FSW category student experience will be counted, but not in CEC and FST category.

Federal Skilled Worker Program
Student work experience gained while you were studying in Canada or abroad counts towards the minimum requirements for the Federal Skilled Worker Program if the work:

This includes co-op terms and apprenticeships.

https://www.ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=394&top=29
Correct, but you cannot combine FSW and CEC work experience. You are now on a PGWP so that will count as Canadian experience. Do you have one year of full-time, continuous, skilled experience in one NOC before or during your studies.

See link from the link you provided.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html#minimum

Manjusaini

May 5, 2020

This all experience in Canada while on study. Can't we combine these and apply under FSW category?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

This all experience in Canada while on study. Can't we combine these and apply under FSW category?
Under EE, there are two streams - CEC and FSW. For FSW, you are not eligible as you don’t have a year of work experience. Will you have a year before you start work on your PGWP. If on PGWP, it will count as Canadian experience under CEC. So which stream are you eligible for? Did you read the link I gave you?

I think I know what you are trying to do. You are trying to count your Canadian experience on your PGWP as foreign experience. Don’t think that is allowed but discuss with immigration consultant/lawyer.