+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notarized photocopies

ravik

Jul 30, 2008
Hi,

I am in canada on work permit.I am just starting the application for PR. I am planning to submit the application to Buffalo, while going through the buffalo specific instructions, I have come across a point which says to send notorized photocopies of all the documents. I would like to know whether its mandatory and if so, how much would it cost in canada, and from whom should I get this done. Thanks for all the help to you guys.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ravik said:
Hi,

I am in canada on work permit.I am just starting the application for PR. I am planning to submit the application to Buffalo, while going through the buffalo specific instructions, I have come across a point which says to send notorized photocopies of all the documents. I would like to know whether its mandatory and if so, how much would it cost in canada, and from whom should I get this done. Thanks for all the help to you guys.
It would cost an arm and a leg to have the documents notarized, get certified true copies, a bank, lawyer, others can certify them. This must be new for Buffalo

PMM

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
Are you sure that they have asked for all the documents to be notarized? Previously they asked notarized copies when documents were not in english. Do not get confused, if your document is already in english you might need to do certified copies. You may go to a lawyer's office in your area and ask them that you want to notarize (or certify documents) your documents. In my area it cost me 22 dollars for a bunch of documents to be certified by a lawyer.

Thank you.

qbanky

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Since you are on a work permit, its safe to assume you went to college in Canada; you may want to check out your university (most times they have staff who are notary publics who may be willing to help a student/alumnus for free) I got mine done at my university for free (another reason to be nice to those wonderful admin assistants) goodluck

canadastan

Star Member
Dec 17, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2008
Doc's Request.
22-12-2008
Med's Done....
04-02-2010
Interview........
=
Passport Req..
April fools day 2010
VISA ISSUED...
6 July REALY HOT CANADIAN DAY
LANDED..........
Happily ever after ............
This is something that is keeping me awake at night,

The general instructions for FSW ask for every copy to be notarized.
My visa office "London" says copies, and for some specific documents (Like the employment contract) they ask for a Notarized Copy.

Can anybody who's already beyond this stage tell us if he was asked to Notraize copies?

Canadastan

aghijan

Star Member
Oct 16, 2007
ravik said:
Hi,

Get your documents notarized or your application will be returned.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

aghijan said:
ravik said:
Hi,

No, if you read the instructions on Appendix A Checklist for Buffalo, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37048.pdf only documents in question 7 and 10 have to be notarized.

PMM

canadastan

Star Member
Dec 17, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2008
Doc's Request.
22-12-2008
Med's Done....
04-02-2010
Interview........
=
Passport Req..
April fools day 2010
VISA ISSUED...
6 July REALY HOT CANADIAN DAY
LANDED..........
Happily ever after ............
PMM said:
Hi

aghijan said:
ravik said:
Hi,

No, if you read the instructions on Appendix A Checklist for Buffalo, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37048.pdf only documents in question 7 and 10 have to be notarized.

PMM
PMM,
thank you for thinking before charging into an answer.

Now I can say that we have spotted a clear difference between London and Buffalo, In No. 7 for London they ask for the work expereince for only the main applicant.

Now my question is:

Did anybody had his/her application returned because he/She has only submitted a true copy (a photcopy stamped as a true copy of the original document , by the same issuing authority ie the emplyer, the college)?

thanks again

Canadastan