+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not getting PR card for 2 years?

ammeg2014

Dec 27, 2018
I validated my PR in January with a soft landing and returned to the UK a few days later. I couldn't get my PR card as they wouldn't send it to an address other than my own and it would be destroyed if sent in the mail. They told me I need to apply for a PRTD before the next time I enter Canada. The next time I enter Canada will be when I move permanently, which will be just before January 2022 (2 years after validation)

Will I have any problems obtaining the PRTD as I will have not lived in Canada for 2 years since validating my PR?

By the time I apply for PRTD/reenter Canada I will still have 3+ years left of my PR which means I can meet the required 730 days minimum presence in Canada - but just want to make sure there are no other restrictions/requirements I am missing?

Alternatively, is there another way I can get my PR card before this time - for example, if I was to get PRTD this year and go for a holiday, apply for my PR card while I am there and give a friends address, then have my boyfriend pick it up from said friend and bring it back to me early next year when he will be there? As he will be there for a short trip this time next year.

Sidenote: I had to apply for PR when I did as my CRS score was low and it was my only chance, personal circumstances mean I won't be able to move there permanently until end of 2021.

Thanks for your help.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I validated my PR in January with a soft landing and returned to the UK a few days later. I couldn't get my PR card as they wouldn't send it to an address other than my own and it would be destroyed if sent in the mail. They told me I need to apply for a PRTD before the next time I enter Canada. The next time I enter Canada will be when I move permanently, which will be just before January 2022 (2 years after validation)

Will I have any problems obtaining the PRTD as I will have not lived in Canada for 2 years since validating my PR?

By the time I apply for PRTD/reenter Canada I will still have 3+ years left of my PR which means I can meet the required 730 days minimum presence in Canada - but just want to make sure there are no other restrictions/requirements I am missing?

Alternatively, is there another way I can get my PR card before this time - for example, if I was to get PRTD this year and go for a holiday, apply for my PR card while I am there and give a friends address, then have my boyfriend pick it up from said friend and bring it back to me early next year when he will be there? As he will be there for a short trip this time next year.

Sidenote: I had to apply for PR when I did as my CRS score was low and it was my only chance, personal circumstances mean I won't be able to move there permanently until end of 2021.

Thanks for your help.
No, it won't be an issue to apply for a PRTD after 2 years.