+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not eligible for Express Entry

jadey15

Mar 11, 2022
I've tried to create an EE profile many times but it still says I'm not eligible even though I seem to be eligible (calculated myself). My profile:

CLB 7 (took the test this July)
1 year post-graduate program in Canada
1 year experience in NOC 1111 (outside of Canada)
Fund for 1 person: 14k

Please help me as I don't know what went wrong with my profile

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I've tried to create an EE profile many times but it still says I'm not eligible even though I seem to be eligible (calculated myself). My profile:

CLB 7 (took the test this July)
1 year post-graduate program in Canada
1 year experience in NOC 1111 (outside of Canada)
Fund for 1 person: 14k

Please help me as I don't know what went wrong with my profile
do you have 67 points? If no Canadian experience, then do you have ECA for undergrad unless post grad is a masters? If no Canadian experience and no ECA then don’t think you are eligible. Say no to job offer.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

Last edited:

jadey15

Mar 11, 2022
I'm working full time in Canada right now but it's not one year yet. I did select yes to the job offer question though because I have the job offer from my current employer.

I haven't done ECA yet because from the calculation, the one year post grad diploma gives me enough point. Or maybe I misunderstood this?

Thank you so much for your help

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm working full time in Canada right now but it's not one year yet. I did select yes to the job offer question though because I have the job offer from my current employer.

I haven't done ECA yet because from the calculation, the one year post grad diploma gives me enough point. Or maybe I misunderstood this?

Thank you so much for your help
A post grad diploma counts as a one year diploma. A three year degree gives you more points, for example. You don’t have job offer unless you have a LMIA.

Don’t think you have 67 points with a one year diploma. Do you?

Reactions: jadey15

jadey15

Mar 11, 2022
A post grad diploma counts as a one year diploma. A three year degree gives you more points, for example. You don’t have job offer unless you have a LMIA.

Don’t think you have 67 points with a one year diploma. Do you?
Ah. Thank you so much! I'll do ECA now :)