+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-accompanying Minor (5 years old) from sponsored prior relationship

jimmykitty2013

Oct 1, 2013
Dear ALL,

this is a pretty individual question, not sure if there are similar situation among you?
Sponsored (my wife) has 5 year old kid from prior relationship, she will be non-accompanying family member - we did all asked from list (such as custody, medical exam of the kid, non-accompanying declaration and notarized, filled form when neccessary, etc.)

my question is:

Will this minor non-accompanying ever affect the result of the visa? (given that the kid have been and are happying living together with her grandparents since born and now as well as going furture).
meaning if there is any chance that application will be rejected because of this non-accompanying family member is Minor

thanks

Jimmy

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
jimmykitty2013 said:
Dear ALL,

this is a pretty individual question, not sure if there are similar situation among you?
Sponsored (my wife) has 5 year old kid from prior relationship, she will be non-accompanying family member - we did all asked from list (such as custody, medical exam of the kid, non-accompanying declaration and notarized, filled form when neccessary, etc.)

my question is:

Will this minor non-accompanying ever affect the result of the visa? (given that the kid have been and are happying living together with her grandparents since born and now as well as going furture).
meaning if there is any chance that application will be rejected because of this non-accompanying family member is Minor

thanks

Jimmy
Hello Jimmy, it should not affect the result of the visa; however, I might suggest that you explain why the minor is not accompanying right now. Circumstances change all of the time and she may very well need/want to come live with you and her mother so you may want to be prepared and let immigration know you are prepared as well. I am sure you will also hear back from a few other members on this topic shortly. Blessings.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Since the child was declared on the application and was examined, it should be OK.