+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non Accompanying Member Question

crossmaster86

Feb 7, 2017
Hi All,

I have a question that I require some urgent assistance with.

I am a PR and am planning to get married in December. I plan to get her to Canada as soon as possible. So I want to avoid the sponsorship route as I believe the wait time is pretty high compared to an individual express entry route. Based on my fiance's profile I believe she would be able to secure an ITA on her own. My question is that is it possible that she applies for an express entry declaring that she is is married but declaring that her spouse is not Accompanying (since I already am a PR). Or do I have to go through the sponsorship route after marriage?

Appreciate your thoughts in this matter.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

I have a question that I require some urgent assistance with.

I am a PR and am planning to get married in December. I plan to get her to Canada as soon as possible. So I want to avoid the sponsorship route as I believe the wait time is pretty high compared to an individual express entry route. Based on my fiance's profile I believe she would be able to secure an ITA on her own. My question is that is it possible that she applies for an express entry declaring that she is is married but declaring that her spouse is not Accompanying (since I already am a PR). Or do I have to go through the sponsorship route after marriage?

Appreciate your thoughts in this matter.
She can apply for PR through Express Entry. She cannot claim any points for you in her Express Entry profile since you are already a PR.