+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC List: User Support Technicians, work permit?

NSK123

Jun 1, 2009
Hi, I'm new to this forum and I have a basic question.

I'm not a skilled worker and I'm trying to figure out which way I can get a regular job In Canada (any region) I have a swedish citizenship with 3 years part-time and partly full-time experience in Tech support
and various other small Tech jobs, a High school diploma and I have been attending University for 1-yr out of a 3½yr bachelor degree.

As far as I can figure I do not quality for the PR and therefore need to get a temporary work visa to work in Canada. I was thinking of finding a Tech support job and then work my way from there, as far as I know you don't need a degree to work in tech support as I have done this for a long time.

Anyways this is where I get stuck.. Is it realistic to try this? I have found alot of job listings for Tech support jobs offering OK salaries, but will I need the help of an employer to get a Temporary Work visa? Or can I apply for it myself? Another question I have is, does the User Support Technicians position under the NOC list qualify as work experience in the Point system if I decide to work towards a PR one day?

Thanks in advanced.