+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC help

Tonton25

Jul 10, 2021
hello, im trying to determine my NOC. im stuck between:

5241 – Graphic designers and illustrators
Graphic designers conceptualize and produce graphic art and visual materials to effectively communicate information for publications, advertising, films, packaging, posters, signs and interactive media such as Web sites and CDs. They are employed by advertising and graphic design firms, by establishments with advertising or communications departments and by multimedia production companies, or they may be self-employed. Graphic designers who are also supervisors, project managers or consultants are included in this unit group. Illustrators conceptualize and create illustrations to represent information through images. They are almost solely self-employed.

and

5223 – Graphic arts technicians
Graphic arts technicians assist in conceptualizing a project, interpreting design specifications or sketches, preparing the page make-up, lay-out and lettering, and preparing production materials for press, electronic or multimedia publishing. They are employed by publishing, communications, advertising, marketing, printing and multimedia establishments, and by television and film production companies. They may also be self-employed.

I am a rigging artist by profession in the animation/ vfx industry. I basically set characters up to be animated. I am not a 3d modeler or animator. i do more technical stuff so im leaning toward 5233. Here is a sample of my duties:

Design efficient rigs appropriate to the production’s needs

Advise modeling teams on suitability of models for rigging and any changes needed

Design and implement scripted solutions for maximum speed and efficiency of rigging

Design, create and modify animation rigs for character, prop and vehicle assets

Qualifications:

*Good Rigging knowledge in Autodesk Maya

*knowledge in MEL/Python for automating rigging tasks

*Excellent problem solving and communication skills required

*Good knowledge of Topology for deformations and articulation

*Ability to model appealing blendshapes is asset

if anyone knows which one i should choose, please help

Last edited: