+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Code FP&A roles

NiSn

Mar 17, 2018
Hi All,

I am working as a FP&A team member with an e commerce firm. The role includes building financial plans for operations mainly, with monthly financial reporting and variances etc. Would this be fine if I choose NOC code 1112? Or shall I look at some other code? My designation is Financial Analyst.

Regards,
Nitin

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi All,

I am working as a FP&A team member with an e commerce firm. The role includes building financial plans for operations mainly, with monthly financial reporting and variances etc. Would this be fine if I choose NOC code 1112? Or shall I look at some other code? My designation is Financial Analyst.

Regards,
Nitin
You can use 1112.

mizztray

May 19, 2019
Mauritius
Hi All,

Regards,
Nitin
Hi,

I was a financial reporting analyst, I wanted to choose NOC 1112 as I match with 4 out of 6 of the duties, but got discouraged since it seems more investment based in the lead statement. Do you think I can still use 1112? Or should I use 1111? Please help.

leo_CA

Sep 24, 2019
hi
I was also working as financial reporting....and i'm too getting confused which NOC to use? Which one did you use?
Many thanks

mizztray

May 19, 2019
Mauritius
hi
I was also working as financial reporting....and i'm too getting confused which NOC to use? Which one did you use?
Many thanks
Hi, I applied for PNP using 1111 in the end because my duties matched more with code 1111 and recently got nominated. I am now starting my e-APR process- hopefully IRCC will accept NOC 1111 too. .

Basically what I did was research on Canadian job boards (Jobbank, Jobs BC, Workopolis etc) to see what code was used for job ads like financial reporting analyst etc, they were under 1111. It would be best to take your reference letter and compare with the codes and choose the one that matches more than 60% (not a rule but to be on the safe side). Also read the lead statement and see which one matches your job.

You should also read the whole NOC 2016 tutorial and understand how NOCs are defined. This will give you more clarity on the best choice of NOC. You can then, by process of elimination, choose the best fit.

I also read the descriptions on the Alberta Alis site, which gave me a better idea of the different jobs. Here is a link, try to do more research.
https://alis.alberta.ca/occinfo/occupations-in-alberta/

Hope this helps. Good Luck

Reactions: leo_CA

wmsimon

Jun 14, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hi, I applied for PNP using 1111 in the end because my duties matched more with code 1111 and recently got nominated. I am now starting my e-APR process- hopefully IRCC will accept NOC 1111 too. .
Hi, did everything go through well with 1111? I'm having a similar question as FP&A. Although my job title is Sr Financial Analyst, the description under 1112 looks more related to investment analysis. So I'm wondering if I should use 1111 instead?

agya2lava

Jun 15, 2020
I did was research on Canadian job boards (Jobbank, Jobs BC, Workopolis etc) to see what code was used for job ads like financial reporting analyst etc, they were under 1111. It would be best to take your reference letter and compare with the codes and choose the one that matches more than 60% (not a rule but to be on the safe side). Also read the lead statement and see which one matches your job. Prepaid Card Status

Last edited: