+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Code application suggestion

bhasih

Apr 4, 2011
I am 26 year old Indian citizen, based in US on H1B visa working as a Manufacturing/Process Engineer, Full time 2-3 years. Finished undergraduate studies from U.S.; also have couple of certifications (PMP & Six Sigma Black Belt).

I am planning to apply for PR under skilled worker & Professional, as I do not have a job offer letter from an employer in Canada. I see there are possibly two categories I might qualify for NOC 0811 Primary Production Managers (except Agriculture) OR 1122 Professional Occupations in Business Services to Management although I do not have manager in my title the job description is similar to both. I understand 1122 cap is reached which would start fresh on July 1st. Which category would one (experienced/expert) suggest applying in? Considering it would take me at least 1-2 month to get all the paper work ready (IELTS, Bank statement, etc.)

Also, please point me in some direction if someone thinks I might qualify for Provincial nominees without a job offer.

Thank you

mr_rana

Dec 28, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
NVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with App. (Excluding PCC)
AOR Received.
1st:-04.2010, 2nd:- 04.2011
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
06.2011 (RBVO), 04.2012 (In Process)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24.01.2013
LANDED..........
CAP limit doesn't apply to those with job offer. So feel free about it as CAP limit is not a stumbling block for you..!!

Anyways, if NOC-0811 is among preferred code for this term of CIC and since 1122 is full, I'd suggest you to go NOC0811.

Hope it helps.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your choice of NOC should depend on your Job duties. You can go to following web site to find the right NOC for your self
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/Welcome.aspx

You would need to submit a letter to CIO with your job duties to be able to convince the VO that you belong to the NOC that you have applied under. 1122 is already full as you know, and there is no gaurantee that it will be there in next cycle as changes may happen to the NOC list before the next cycle.

bhasih said:
I am 26 year old Indian citizen, based in US on H1B visa working as a Manufacturing/Process Engineer, Full time 2-3 years. Finished undergraduate studies from U.S.; also have couple of certifications (PMP & Six Sigma Black Belt).

I am planning to apply for PR under skilled worker & Professional, as I do not have a job offer letter from an employer in Canada. I see there are possibly two categories I might qualify for NOC 0811 Primary Production Managers (except Agriculture) OR 1122 Professional Occupations in Business Services to Management although I do not have manager in my title the job description is similar to both. I understand 1122 cap is reached which would start fresh on July 1st. Which category would one (experienced/expert) suggest applying in? Considering it would take me at least 1-2 month to get all the paper work ready (IELTS, Bank statement, etc.)

Also, please point me in some direction if someone thinks I might qualify for Provincial nominees without a job offer.

Thank you