+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 4131 category application rejected

Nouvelzelande

Dec 16, 2009
Hello All,
Though I have Masters in Electrical engineering, I had teaching experience back in my country and worked as a teaching assistant in US. My application didn't go for further processing saying the responsibilities I had fulfilled in my jobs aren't sufficient to qualify as a skilled worker under NOC 4131(vocational trainer).
I also have a file number. Do you think it would be a good idea to apply under same category making soem modifications in my job responsibilities making it match with NOC 4131?
Is there any other category that I can apply for as a skilled worker?

Thanks
Ram

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Teaching assistants come under a different NOC code so the only teaching job they would consider as 4131 (under normal circumstances) is perhaps your teaching experience in your country, which I presume was a lecturing position. If that is the case, did you lecture for at least one year in total?

carlnoweast

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2009
AOR Received.
21-12-2009
File Transfer...
13-04-2010
Med's Request
13-09-2010
Med's Done....
05-11-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2011
LANDED..........
27-04-2011 (Surrey, BC)
hi Ram,

I also applied for FSW under 4131, but is still waiting for my AOR to date. Like you, i too have a degree in Engineering (electronics), however, all my 9 years professional experience i worked as a Technical Trainer in a manufacturing company.

May i know what specific JDs stated in 4131 you havent met or performed?

Nouvelzelande said:
Hello All,
Though I have Masters in Electrical engineering, I had teaching experience back in my country and worked as a teaching assistant in US. My application didn't go for further processing saying the responsibilities I had fulfilled in my jobs aren't sufficient to qualify as a skilled worker under NOC 4131(vocational trainer).
I also have a file number. Do you think it would be a good idea to apply under same category making soem modifications in my job responsibilities making it match with NOC 4131?

Thanks
Ram

Nouvelzelande

Dec 16, 2009
Thanks guys
@Rupesh: I had 1.5 yrs of teaching experience for undergraduate students in Electronics and Computer Engineering in my country. In US I had 1 year teaching experience working 20 hrs a week.
@CArlnoweast: They didn't say which JDs i didn't satisfy. They just said my responsibilties were not sufficient. My mistake was I didn't go through the JDs of NOC 4131 and wrote whatever I had done without any modifications. Here are few points that i had written as my JDs
1. tutored undergraduate electronics and computer engineering students(then i mentioned the courses)
2. maintainance of lab equipments
3.planned, organized, lead technical projects
4. instructed lab works(mentioned courses)

now my concern is in those JDs shall i make some modifications to match with NOC 4131 or is there any other category that i can apply for without making much changes in my application. I think they will have my record with them

Thanks

SDESAI1981

Star Member
Jun 9, 2009
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi ram
sorry about your rejection, can you please confirm your full ECAS status please.
Many Thanks Desai

Nouvelzelande said:
Hello All,

Thanks
Ram

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Nouvelzelande said:
Thanks guys
@ Rupesh: I had 1.5 yrs of teaching experience for undergraduate students in Electronics and Computer Engineering in my country. In US I had 1 year teaching experience working 20 hrs a week.
now my concern is in those JDs shall i make some modifications to match with NOC 4131 or is there any other category that i can apply for without making much changes in my application. I think they will have my record with them

Thanks
I think you can get points for the teaching assistantship years but perhaps count that as a different NOC.
You should qualify for FSW1 with that 1.5 years of full time teaching experience. Not sure why they didn't okay you.

I am also in a similar predicament. They will probably reject my application.

Nouvelzelande

Dec 16, 2009
Hi Desai,
It may sound funny but i didn't get what ECAS is.
@Rupesh:did u also apply under NOC 4131. I know another person who applied under same category and whom i gave advice regarding the JDs to match it with the JDs listed under NOC 4131 and make it descriptive. His application got approved and is under further processing. So that's why I am thinking of reapplying. What is FSW1?

Thanks
Ram

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
FSW category 1 are all federal skill worker applications who do not fit into FSW 2 and FSW 3.
FSW 2 have job offers in Canada.
FSW 3 have lived in Canada before.
The rest are FSW1.

SDESAI1981

Star Member
Jun 9, 2009
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
If you click on below link and follow the process, fill up your details you will get status of your application.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

Please check & let me know what it is as I am expecting rejection too and my ECAS status is : Visa Office Eligibility Review Complete.
Good Luck for new FSW1 application. Desai

Nouvelzelande said:
Hi Desai,
It may sound funny but i didn't get what ECAS is.
@ Rupesh:did u also apply under NOC 4131. I know another person who applied under same category and whom i gave advice regarding the JDs to match it with the JDs listed under NOC 4131 and make it descriptive. His application got approved and is under further processing. So that's why I am thinking of reapplying. What is FSW1?

Thanks
Ram

harryy

Feb 10, 2009
Nouvelzelande, very sorry to know about your rejection...

As your friend have applied under same NOC code (4131) and his application got approved. Actually I am also planning to apply under same NOC.
Can I please request you to get all the points which your friend had put under JDs while applying and share here so that others also can get the benefit of the same. At least we can get the basic idea what things we will have to write under JD.

rk2009

Nov 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Was Buffalo now NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
28-10-2009
Med's Request
30-11-2009
Med's Done....
22-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-1-2010
VISA ISSUED...
12-2-2010
LANDED..........
30-04-2010
Nouvelzelande said:
Thanks guys
@ Rupesh: I had 1.5 yrs of teaching experience for undergraduate students in Electronics and Computer Engineering in my country. In US I had 1 year teaching experience working 20 hrs a week.
@ CArlnoweast: They didn't say which JDs i didn't satisfy. They just said my responsibilties were not sufficient. My mistake was I didn't go through the JDs of NOC 4131 and wrote whatever I had done without any modifications. Here are few points that i had written as my JDs
1. tutored undergraduate electronics and computer engineering students(then i mentioned the courses)

Thanks

I do not think you should make changes to your JD unless you are adding new responsibilities that you forgot to add. You should be truthful about what duties were performed. Difference in language is fine, if the official JD states teaching students in an accredited school and you said teaching under-graduate students, I would not worry to match it word by word. However stating that you taught Post graduate students when you did not can be risky.

And yes, applying under a new category with different credentials/ descriptions can be risky.

Best of luck.

carlnoweast

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2009
AOR Received.
21-12-2009
File Transfer...
13-04-2010
Med's Request
13-09-2010
Med's Done....
05-11-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2011
LANDED..........
27-04-2011 (Surrey, BC)
Hi Nouvelzeland,

Based from what you have written below, your JD can be further enhanced to (at least) tailor-fit based from the JD of 4131. I suggest that you reapply on the same NOC provided that you further enhance your JDs. Enhancement doesnt mean you will put some jobs that you didnt actually do. You probably needed to elaborate or be more specific with each JDs that you have presented before.

@ CArlnoweast: They didn't say which JDs i didn't satisfy. They just said my responsibilties were not sufficient. My mistake was I didn't go through the JDs of NOC 4131 and wrote whatever I had done without any modifications. Here are few points that i had written as my JDs

Thanks
[/quote]

Nouvelzelande

Dec 16, 2009
Thanks all for the suggestion.
@carlnoweast: i think i would try to do as u have suggested. 1st i would discuss with my friend regarding that
@Harry: let me get hold of my friend and after i get that JDs he had written i would certainly post this here.

jitz

Star Member
Oct 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please kindly reply as I'm also in same boat NOC 4131 plus I had AEO approve from HRSDC ?

Will there had any possibility of rejection on my application

Filled in month of October /2009 CHC Nova Soctia

jsp

Star Member
Nov 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nouvelzelande , it is really so sad.

i have applied in same NOC code and my time line is as shown below....

could u share ur time line and Visa office and at what stage u received rejection.

As even after 4 months of submission of my full application i ve not received medical request.

I m a graduate mechanical engineer having 4 years of teaching experience (Diploma/Undergraduate degree classes) in private engineering colleges in India, prior to it had worked for 7 years in industry as professional mechanical engineer.