+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 4011/4021

siva24513

May 9, 2018
Guide me please,

I am an assistant lecturer in a college.

I do lecturing for Business administration modules and statistics to undergraduate and post graduate students.

My college is small sized educational center.

Can you let me know which noc do i have to pick?

4021 - College and other vocational instructors

"This unit group includes instructors who teach applied arts, academic, technical and vocational subjects to students at community colleges, CEGEPs, agricultural colleges, technical and vocational institutes, language schools and other college level schools. This unit group also includes trainers who are employed by private training establishments, companies, community agencies and governments to deliver internal training or development courses. College teachers who are heads of departments are included in this group."

or

4011- University professors and lecturers

"University professors and lecturers teach courses to undergraduate and graduate students and conduct research at universities. University professors who are heads of departments are included in this unit group."

enigmatic99

Star Member
Jun 27, 2016
Dear Siva,

I have the same issue.

I worked as Assistant Lecturer for 20 months in a college 2.5 years ago and after that I came to Canada for my Master's degree. Now I'm planning to apply for PR through FSW.

While applying for study permit I filled work history section as "Assistant Lecturer". But now, although my main duties listed on the work experience letter meets NOC 4021 but the title as "Assistant Lecturer" is not listed on example titles on CIC website. As I have previously submitted all my information to CIC at the time when I applied for my study permit 2.5 years before So I think it's not appropriate to manipulate my work experience title. So guys can you please provide me some suggestions on this matter?

And also is there any difference in points on having work experience of 1 year vs 2 years?

Guide me please,

I am an assistant lecturer in a college.

I do lecturing for Business administration modules and statistics to undergraduate and post graduate students.

My college is small sized educational center.

Can you let me know which noc do i have to pick?

4021 - College and other vocational instructors

"This unit group includes instructors who teach applied arts, academic, technical and vocational subjects to students at community colleges, CEGEPs, agricultural colleges, technical and vocational institutes, language schools and other college level schools. This unit group also includes trainers who are employed by private training establishments, companies, community agencies and governments to deliver internal training or development courses. College teachers who are heads of departments are included in this group."

or

4011- University professors and lecturers

"University professors and lecturers teach courses to undergraduate and graduate students and conduct research at universities. University professors who are heads of departments are included in this unit group."