+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 11200

sbhide

Feb 18, 2021
I have received invite to apply for PR and my overall experience has been in NOC 11200. My current position is however a mixture of few roles and my responsibilities are as below. Would these fit in NOC 11200? If not, can someone with similar experience share their view. I would be glad for any help received on this matter.

• Supporting talent acquisition team in negotiating job offers, consultant agreements
  • Onboard new recruits and oversee employee life cycle changes
  • Manage and maintain human resources information and related records on systems
  • Preparation and maintenance of employee file
  • Conducting induction for the new employees
  • Designing and publishing organizational announcement welcoming new employees
  • Co-ordinate employee performance appraisal queries
  • Maintaining organizational charts along with relevant HR teams for strategic planning and HR records
  • Ensuring that Prevention of Sexual Harassment (PoSH) training are conducted for all employees to ensure employee awareness and organizational compliance with regulations
  • Conducting background verification checks for candidates
  • Provide support to employees and managers on queries related to HR process, data administration and HR Systems
  • Sending out employee attendance report along with analysis to relevant HR teams periodically

Karandi

Apr 25, 2023
Edmonton Alberta
Category........
Other
I have received invite to apply for PR and my overall experience has been in NOC 11200. My current position is however a mixture of few roles and my responsibilities are as below. Would these fit in NOC 11200? If not, can someone with similar experience share their view. I would be glad for any help received on this matter.

• Supporting talent acquisition team in negotiating job offers, consultant agreements
  • Onboard new recruits and oversee employee life cycle changes
  • Manage and maintain human resources information and related records on systems
  • Preparation and maintenance of employee file
  • Conducting induction for the new employees
  • Designing and publishing organizational announcement welcoming new employees
  • Co-ordinate employee performance appraisal queries
  • Maintaining organizational charts along with relevant HR teams for strategic planning and HR records
  • Ensuring that Prevention of Sexual Harassment (PoSH) training are conducted for all employees to ensure employee awareness and organizational compliance with regulations
  • Conducting background verification checks for candidates
  • Provide support to employees and managers on queries related to HR process, data administration and HR Systems
  • Sending out employee attendance report along with analysis to relevant HR teams periodically
Based on the responsibilities you've mentioned, it seems like your current position aligns quite well with NOC 1121 (not 11200) - Human Resources Professionals. NOC 1121 involves tasks related to human resources management, including talent acquisition, employee onboarding, maintaining records, performance appraisals, training and development, and handling employee queries. Your responsibilities seem to cover many aspects of human resources management, which is consistent with NOC 1121.

Here's a summary of the main duties for NOC 1121 - Human Resources Professionals:

1. Plan, develop, implement and evaluate human resources policies and programs.
  2. Advise managers and employees on the interpretation of human resources policies, benefit programs, and collective agreements.
  3. Represent management in negotiations with employee representatives.
  4. Research and prepare occupational classifications, job descriptions, salary scales, and competency appraisal measures.
  5. Identify and screen applicants, recruit personnel, and conduct exit interviews.
  6. Coordinate employee performance and appraisal programs.
  7. Provide advice on employee relations, disciplinary actions, and conflict resolution.
  8. Plan and administer staffing, training, and career development programs.
  9. Develop and implement labor relations policies and procedures.
  10. Oversee the classification and rating of occupations.

If you have received an invitation to apply (ITA) for Permanent Residency under the assumption that your experience is in NOC 11200, but it is actually more aligned with NOC 1121, there could be some impact on your application.

When you submit your application for permanent residence, you need to ensure that you provide accurate information about your work experience, including the correct NOC code. Misrepresenting your work experience could result in delays, the refusal of your application, or even being deemed inadmissible for misrepresentation.

Here's what you should do:

1. Review the NOC codes: Carefully review the NOC codes 11200 and 1121, and determine which one best matches your work experience. Ensure that your job duties align with the majority of the duties listed for that particular NOC code.
  2. Update your Express Entry profile: If you find that NOC 1121 is a better match for your work experience, you should update your Express Entry profile with the correct NOC code before submitting your application for permanent residence.
  3. Check your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score: Changing your NOC code may affect your CRS score. Ensure that you still meet the minimum points required for your ITA. If your score changes significantly, you may want to consult an immigration professional for advice on your next steps.
  4. Submit your application: Once you've ensured that your Express Entry profile is accurate and complete, proceed with submitting your application for permanent residence.

Enek

Aug 6, 2023
Based on the responsibilities you've mentioned, it seems like your current position aligns quite well with NOC 1121 (not 11200) - Human Resources Professionals. NOC 1121 involves tasks related to human resources management, including talent acquisition, employee onboarding, maintaining records, performance appraisals, training and development, and handling employee queries. Your responsibilities seem to cover many aspects of human resources management, which is consistent with NOC 1121.

Here's a summary of the main duties for NOC 1121 - Human Resources Professionals:

1. Plan, develop, implement and evaluate human resources policies and programs.
  2. Advise managers and employees on the interpretation of human resources policies, benefit programs, and collective agreements.
  3. Represent management in negotiations with employee representatives.
  4. Research and prepare occupational classifications, job descriptions, salary scales, and competency appraisal measures.
  5. Identify and screen applicants, recruit personnel, and conduct exit interviews.
  6. Coordinate employee performance and appraisal programs.
  7. Provide advice on employee relations, disciplinary actions, and conflict resolution.
  8. Plan and administer staffing, training, and career development programs.
  9. Develop and implement labor relations policies and procedures.
  10. Oversee the classification and rating of occupations.

If you have received an invitation to apply (ITA) for Permanent Residency under the assumption that your experience is in NOC 11200, but it is actually more aligned with NOC 1121, there could be some impact on your application.

When you submit your application for permanent residence, you need to ensure that you provide accurate information about your work experience, including the correct NOC code. Misrepresenting your work experience could result in delays, the refusal of your application, or even being deemed inadmissible for misrepresentation.

Here's what you should do:

1. Review the NOC codes: Carefully review the NOC codes 11200 and 1121, and determine which one best matches your work experience. Ensure that your job duties align with the majority of the duties listed for that particular NOC code.
  2. Update your Express Entry profile: If you find that NOC 1121 is a better match for your work experience, you should update your Express Entry profile with the correct NOC code before submitting your application for permanent residence.
  3. Check your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score: Changing your NOC code may affect your CRS score. Ensure that you still meet the minimum points required for your ITA. If your score changes significantly, you may want to consult an immigration professional for advice on your next steps.
  4. Submit your application: Once you've ensured that your Express Entry profile is accurate and complete, proceed with submitting your application for permanent residence.
Hi Karandi, Thanks for responding, however, I am now more confused. Acoding to NOC 2021 Version 1.0 there is no 'Noc 1121'. There is only Noc 11200 which is for Human Resources Professionals. There is also Noc 12101 which is for Human resources & recruitment officers however NOC 12101 requires only college diploma while NOC 11200 requires University degree which is what I have. My role is a mix of both and I feel that NOC 12101 might be down playing my skills and qualifications given then I have both university degree and a Masters degree. can you check the NOCs again and confirm the one you meant? I am having the same issues as Sbhide.

Enek

Aug 6, 2023
Hi Sbhide, could you please confirm how you handled this and which NOC did you go with? I have the same job role as you and I am conflicted between NOC 11200 - Human Resource Professionals and NOC 12101 - Human Resources and Recruitment Officers

Dec 9, 2022
Hi Enek, NOC 1121 and 112000 are completely the same - Human resources professionals. The difference is that they are from different versions/years, hence the slight change in code. In my opinion duties listed by Sbhide belong to NOC 11200 indeed.

Have you applied already? Was that for PNP application or EE? I have over 4 years of experience in HR shared services where duties and responsibilities are a bit different to the ones listed under NOC 11200. I am really worried that they might reject my application because less than 50% of responsibilities really 'exactly' match. Nowadays the HR departments have different scope of responsibilities as in bigger organizations there are other teams which look after recruitment or benefits.

Please let me know with which NOC you finally settled.

Thanks,
Dominika

Moses-Bim2Can

Jul 2, 2024
Good day everyone, I am in a similar dilemma as my duties seem to be spread over two Nocs. Did anyone have success in choosing NOC 11200? My duties are HRIS, Offboarding, and benefits administration. I have a good set of the duties outlined by sbhide (not much recruitment side).